Port Everglades to Ft Lauderdale Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skyric

What are transfer options from port everglades to ft Lauderdale Amtrak, will be returning on Holland America cruise and taking 12:30pm train to Tampa

Taxi or Car service.

Your time frame is a bit tight. It's a big port, train will not wait.

Only one train a day. Better to clear the Port and hang out at the station.

I don't think the OP will have any trouble making the connection from HAL to Amtrak. Especially if using the "self-help" early disembarkation.

Now if the OP was transferring from Amtrak to HAL.....that's another matter....better arrive Fort Lauderdale a day ahead of time.... ;) :)

I don't think the OP will have any trouble making the connection from HAL to Amtrak. Especially if using the "self-help" early disembarkation.

Now if the OP was transferring from Amtrak to HAL.....that's another matter....better arrive Fort Lauderdale a day ahead of time.... ;) :)
Well, it depends on Customs. Every now and then they will do a full inspection, and the lines back up into yesterday. At least that happens when you cruise through Galveston. It happened to us and we didn't clear customs until after 3 pm! (November 2010, Carnival Ecstasy, 5 day)

I don't know if you've cruised before, but early in the cruise, you are usually given a questionaire regarding disebarkation. Make sure you fill it out and return it as soon as possible as it is easily forgotten. You can always request the earliest time off if you need luggage assistance, (that's what I would do) or you can walk off even earlier with your luggage. I do believe you have to be at the station at least an hour earlier if you're going to check luggage.

We've sailed 13 times during the winter months from Ft Lauderdale, and was always able to disembark, catch a cab, and be back home in Hollywood way before noon.

Once when we sailed with my son, he had to catch train 92. We requested an earlier time off, and we were able to catch a cab home, relax a short time, then drive him to the Hollywood Amtrak Station to catch that train in enough time. He did not check his luggage.

I know of no cruise line that offers shuttles to Amtrak. Taxi cabs are always available. The taxi line the one Holland America cruise we went on (2010) was very disorganized. You can always go to Cruisecritic and ask about other people their taxi line experiences. Loads of information there.

Have a great cruise, enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back