Trainz a New Era is coming out soon!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerRock

Engineer
[/media]
Trainz a New Era (or TANE) is coming out on May 15th. You can preorder it now, details below.

TANE's features include: Full world generated shadows, Procedural Junctions, Train motion, Locomotive tuning, the easy to learn & use Surveyor, multiplayer, and much more.

comparison-2a.jpg

The purpose-built "Reality" engine delivers full world shadows, 15km draw distances, post-processing effects, 64 bit processing and multi-threaded architecture for better performance.

Includes more then 400 miles of built-in routes, including the East Coast Main Line in the UK from Edinburgh to London (393 miles alone!), the C&O Hinton Division running thru West Virginia, Healesville from Australia, and many more. Plus of course the thousands of routes available on the Download Station.

header_shot_2.jpg

Get On Board.

http://www.trainzgetonboard.com/

Preorder includes:

6 months VIP access to the DLS

2 New DLC locomotives

Save 20% on the game

The general opinion is 'meh' by most. Give it a few service packs and I think it could be a good game.

There are a lot of bad reviews out for TANE, most are from long-term Trainz users who are quite angry as to how N3V is handling things with this release. The biggest being the introduction of DRM (aka if their servers aren't online you can't use the game) and the breaking of essentially every piece of content made for previous versions, despite N3V promising that everything will work.

For a Mac user Trainz Mac 2 (same company, older version) appears to be a decent game. I've heard very little bad things about it.

Peter

Thanks for your thoughts, Peter. I'll look into it.

Ratings on the App Store are good.

Out of 504 ratings, 331 are five-star.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to harken back to the glory of yore. Steam, SD40s and the like. I could care less about that sort of thing, although I know a lot of fans eat it up.

I guess I prefer to run a train in the current reality. YMMV.

Back