Texas Eagle Staff Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommylicious

OBS Chief
It seems that the Texas Eagle has some famous (in our little circle anyway) staff known for providing great service? Who are they? We're riding the the Eagle on a non-Sunset day in February CHI-DAL in a sleeper.

Lucious is one of the best Diner Leads I have seen and Tony also runs a very tight efficient Diner, although he is not as outgoing with the Customers. I cannot recall who the Lead was one Texas Eagle trip where I was presented with the BIGGEST Baked Potato I have ever seen on a train. When the elevator finally managed to get that thing topside the Staff literally took the plate on tour to show off the beauty before presenting the plate to me. Since I eat the hide of a Baked Potato, when I was finished that plate was clean as a whistle and I was interrogated as to where I hid the monster. Add in interaction from other passengers and that made for a very enjoyable if not comical meal. Everyone was laughing and having a great time and service was nothing short of fantastic.

That is half the fun of traveling by train!

I had a wonderful SCA on my trip. I'm not sure how she spells her name, but it's pronounced "Shon-TAY". I wrote to Amtrak to compliment her. I was in the transdorm, and she was handling both cars, but she checked on me every couple hours. She was really polite and friendly.

I had a wonderful SCA on my trip. I'm not sure how she spells her name, but it's pronounced "Shon-TAY". I wrote to Amtrak to compliment her. I was in the transdorm, and she was handling both cars, but she checked on me every couple hours. She was really polite and friendly.
I remember her as well from being in the Trans last Summer coming back to FTW. She set up a refreshment station in one of the Roomettes and checked in on us regularly, even after I was the only one left in the car.

Brian is another LSA that runs a good Diner ( CCC) and Jim and Tony are two of the best SCAs Amtrak has, both HOFers!

There are newbies from the Extra Board that do good jobs also, and the Conductors from Marshall to San Antonio are Excellent!

If the Equipment and OTP of the Eagles matched the food and service, it would be one of the most enjoyable LD Routes!

Last edited by a moderator:
The two trips I took on the Eagle (southbound on 12/23/14 and northbound on 1/5/15) brought with them two SCA's I had never met. On the trip south, Vivian handled the duties aboard the Transition Sleeper. That being the first time I had ever been in the Trans/Dorm, I was afraid that I might be forgotten. Certainly not the case. Vivian did a fine job of checking in, providing assistance where needed, and had a very good personality. On the return trip, I had a bedroom, and was therefore back in the run of the mill sleeper. Alfredo would be my SCA. He was very helpful, obviously took pride in his work, and just seemed like a genuinely good guy. Both made the trip down and back a great one for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back