Video: where to eat around NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No argument from me whatsoever! First time I went through NYC on the train I asked the Agent in Club Acela if there was a good Pizzeria nearby and without hesitation she said Pizza Suprema.

TGI Fridays? Chain food? With all those local places around? Ugh!

We went to

Manganaro's Hero Boy Restaurant
494 9th Avenue, New York City, NY 10018

while waiting for a regional to Boston after getting off the Crescent. #7,212 of 8,722 per Tripadvisor but we loved the huge meatball subs. And I was born in Manhattan and raised in the area (Italian parents and mom made great meatballs).

Plenty of time to have a nice lunch in the Acela Lounge.

I like to eat at Feille which is only a couple of blocks away.

Good food and friendly atmosphere.

http://www.feilenyc.com/

I am in love with the baked chicken and some crazy-off-the-wall-good bread pudding. They also have some crazy loaded chips -- um, french fries with bacon, cheese and sour cream. uh huh.

Anyway,I am not sure why their menu isn't posted on their website, but you can find it at grubhub.

p.s. They also deliver to local hotels.

So much freshly prepared cuisine can be found at numerous price points all over manhattan. What a waste to spend that money and calories eating generic frozen chain food in an underground food dungeon. (IMO)

Back