Dome car on 303 in photos

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics Steve, thanks for sharing! I still question why Ocean View is being run on the Illinois Routes instead of a scenic route like the Cardinal or even the Zephyr????

Last edited by a moderator:
I would dare say in part to make up for it not showing up last year when they said it was gonna heh

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

I would dare say in part to make up for it not showing up last year when they said it was gonna heh

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
I understand that Misty but why run it in routes where the scenery is bland to non-existant? Its good for those of you on these routes but there are so many more scenic areas that used to have Domes that it could better be run on!

I rode it on the Adirondack at the end of October. It was pretty beautiful riding north on Lake Champlain!

I rode the dome car on the Hiawatha with my dad on Thanksgiving this year. It was great to share that experience with him and have something cool like that in the Midwest. I am thankful Amtrak does something like that out of the Chicago Hub. ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1417247930.019459.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1417247956.054481.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1417248015.850969.jpg

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1417247889.050877.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like not too many people were in the Lincoln Dome based on Steve's pics-was the train fairly empty or did riders just not seem interested in wandering up there?

Obviously the Dome can only be run on single level routes and someone in management at least has common sense to give riders throughout the system the opportunity to see and ride the car regardless of the scenery quality.

Back