Healing thoughts for Shanghai

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
My good friend Dick (Shanghai) is having back surgery today. I hope all of his AU friends join me in send healing thoughts to him. He should be in the hospital for 3 days, and then the doctors expect about 4 weeks recovery time. Hopefully, he will be able to walk like a 30 year old by the new year. :lol:

Aloha Dick

Guess you had to much snow to shovel before. We all wish you a speedy recovery, but I am sure Archie will miss the walks the most.

Stealing from Alan: Take care, take the train.

I just received an email from Dick's wife and a text from Dick himself. His wife said that the operation lasted longer than was expected and it is anticipated that he will be in terrible pain for 3 days. Dick's text thanked everyone for the best wishes and said that the pain was not too bad YET!!! He thinks the surgery went well. :)

If Dick is having lots of pain immediately following his surgery, then he should definitely bring this up with his physician. There is no reason to have to endure such severe pain in the recovery process. Any pharmacist with a specialty in pain management worth his or her salt (I am fortunately married to such a pharmacist) can recommend meds to control/eliminate the pain during the post-surgery process.

What must be endured during the re-hab process may be somewhat of a different issue, where the "no pain, no gain" mantra may come more into play.

He seems to be doing ok tonight. He is texting, which, in my layperson's opinion, is a good thing.

Best wishes to Dick for good results from the surgery and rehab, and hope the pain is not as bad as promised and that chakk is right. Also, best wishes to MrsShanghai as she is likely sharing in the worry and pain, and also Archie.

I just received a text from Dick who said he is feeling much better. He said he was able to walk a few steps with his cane and a nurse (which is great news). :)

According to Dick's wife, he stayed awake all night and "played" with his phone. Most likely, he will be spending another night in the hospital even though he was able to walk a short distance this morning.

I have passed on AU's good wishes to Dick. I wish to thank all of you on behalf of Dick, Mrs. Shanghai and Archie. :)

I just received a text from Dick who said he is feeling much better. He said he was able to walk a few steps with his cane and a nurse (which is great news). :)
That is some nurse! do you think Mrs Shanghi should know.. :wub: :D :lol:

Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back