Possible Down Time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBadmin

Lead Service Attendant
I just wanted to give you all a heads up that we may have some down time as we make some changes.

If you have any issues, see anything out of place, or something not working as it should please let me know in this thread.

Charlie, I informed Austin of that fact in an email. He is aware. Curious that it is working for some of us. I guess we are special. :)

There are still at least 2 AU members that are unable to log on to AU. (Betty F and Dave W)

I know one of them was on the phone with their internet provider tech support this morning and the guy could not access the site either. The tech support guy would most likely not have had anything in his cache for AU.

I know one of them was on the phone with their internet provider tech support this morning and the guy could not access the site either. The tech support guy would most likely not have had anything in his cache for AU.
If that was Normal Betty, she has been having all kinds of server problems. That may be her problem.

The forums were never down for me, but the "motherpage" (AmtrakUnlimited.com) is still down for me. I have to link straight to the forums.

Aloha

Some of the issues are covered by individual posts, but to help I copied the last few Facebook posts for GB hope it helps.

Betty Fischer I have my internet tech on the phone because I still can't get on. He's checking with his supervisor.

5 hrs · Like

Betty Fischer After 54 minutes with the internet tech, and him going back and forth with his supervisor, still not able to get on the forum. So now I have an incident ticket number and the supervisor is going to look into it and call me back. Sorry, but I don't think that updates on the forum should be so complex that users have to go to these lengths to try to connect to the forum. In other words, after all that, I still can't get on the forum, neither can my ISP tech, and neither can my ISP tech's supervisor.

4 hrs · Like

Ryan Stavely There's likely nothing that your ISP can do about it, sadly.

4 hrs · Like

Betty Fischer So-some of us can access the forum and some of us can not. I don't get it.

4 hrs · Like

Jeff Pratt I can get on as long as I turn my

Wi-Fi off. Better than nothing but a pain in the butt.

59 mins · Like

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Some of us tech support guys go to AU! :ph34r:
Then why aren't you helping Betty F with her issues!?! :help: :p

Hey! Some of us tech support guys go to AU! :ph34r:
Then why aren't you helping Betty F with her issues!?! :help: :p
I have our AU tech people helping Betty F.

I can only access the site if I turn my Wi-Fi off. Kind of a pain in the posterior.
I don't have that option. My iPad and tablet only work off wifi, and don't have a port. :(
Some of these so-called improvements are anything but. It's not a real problem for me to shut off Wi-fi on my phone but it becomes a hassle were I to use my PC to access the site. Shut off the router, access the site, do my thing, turn the router back on, wait forever and a day, re-enter the password on my phone for the wi-fi, etc......I should be able to access the site with Wi-Fi on. At least it is better than no access at all.

Is it just me or has AU just been improved to become the flakiest site on the internet?

Here are the flakinesses I observe:

1. At random a page fails to load saying site not accessible. It then works on second or third try. This from laptops using various networks from various network providers, so it is not peculiar to just one network from which it is accessed.

2. On my iPhone the AU app has just not been able to load any article for the last day or two. i can get the list of articles, usually way out of date, and then whenever I try to load an article it says bad something or the other and fails. This happens both on WiFi and 3G or LTE.

Given this state of affairs I wish people would simply cease and desist from trying to improve and get the danged thing working flawlessly first.

And I've noticed on the website that some topics (using New Content) will dim once I've read it and some remain bolded. Gets confusing until I click on New Content again to refresh it. In the past they always dimmed once read.

Back