Trainz: A New Era is available for Pre-Order

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerRock

Engineer
After a successful Kickstarter Campaign Trainz: A New Era (TANE) is now available for pre-order. They haven't announced a firm release date yet, but we're told to expect it to be available mid November to Early December!

Trainz+A+New+Era+Preorder+Graphics+Engine+Diagram.png

TANE includes:

• New graphics engine with full world shadows and per-pixel lighting.
  • Real-time physics feedback and editing tools.
  • Procedural animated spline junctions.
  • Superelevated track.
  • Realistic cab sway and external train motion.
  • Smoke and weather affected by world objects.
  • Interlocking towers.
  • Track Blocks (Signal Boxes).
  • In-game navigation system
  • Multiplayer
  • Multi-window support
  • Improved in-game browser
  • Expanded sound library.
  • Configurable control schemes.
  • In-game downloadable content system for both payware and freeware options.
  • Access to over 250,000+ free DLC items via The Download Station
You can pre-order it or read more here: http://anewera.trainzportal.com/TANE-Preorder.php

peter

Is this another version of ts12?

Amtrak172
It's basically a complete re-haul of the Trainz Line. All versions until now have used the JET game engine. TANE uses a brand new game engine specifically developed for the game.

As for the crashes. That isn't really the highlight or point of a train simulator so they haven't said, and are very unlikely to. My guess is that they're going to be about the same as currently in Trainz, maybe a bit more realistic. But regardless they can't make them as bad as Railworks or MSTS.

peter

All three of those are completely different games that beyond being a train simulator have nothing else in common. MSTS was made by Microsoft, and is defunk, Railworks/RailSimulator is made by Kuju, and Trainz by N3V (formerly Auran)

My personal run down of the three.

MSTS is really quite old now, but it has a good realistic driving experience (train handling). I'll admit there is stuff in RW/RS that looks visually stunning, but the content creation side of RW/RS sucks. Trainz (for me) has always been a happy medium; sure the driving isn't as realistic as MSTS; but you can make it look pretty darn real. And content creation is easy, especially map making.

But each unto it's own. I just thought I'd announce that Pre-Orders are available. TANE looks like it's shaping up to be a great game. The level of detail they've made possible in game is really stunning.

peter

Back