Union Pacific 844 - Across The Nevada Desert

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video!, only way to roll across the desert! UP used to run really good consists, and their business trains are still the best! Suddenly its the Old Days again!

Only way this could be improved IMO is to paint 844 in UP Colors like SP did with #4449 which is now restored and proudly makes journeys from her base in Portland, OR!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the 844 ever roll in Armour Yellow? I think it had a two tone grey paint scheme for a brief time, but most of her life was in the current black scheme....

For that matter, I understand the prevailing requirement for having diesels on the consist as backup and and for dynamic braking. But can anyone answer the question of: why not use UP's fully restored E-unit fleet for the task instead of their normal road diesels? What could be a beautiful train is, IMHO, ruined by freight units.

I think 844 ran only in two-tone gray and all black. And for this run in 2012, the UP E-units were not available to participate.

Back