Wisconsin's Gov. Walker faces challenges; rail advocates could ben

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Well . . . Those of us in WI have seen what happened when a train service proposal was turned into a political issue. I'm reluctant to make trains political once again. The trick is to keep infrastructure improvements such as trains as non-partisan and non-political as possible. While I don't hesitate to tell fellow Badgers about how we Wisconsinites continue to pay for the rejection of the train funding and service extension, and how our money went to the California HSR initiative, and how our State will pay for what ever the outcome of the Talgo lawsuit, I'm inclined to keep things non-political.

I've seen that when trains become politicized, then trains lose public support. We need more public support for trains, not less.

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves, here. These latest disclosures are about Walker's staff, not Mr. Walker.

Well . . . Those of us in WI have seen what happened when a train service proposal was turned into a political issue. I'm reluctant to make trains political once again. The trick is to keep infrastructure improvements such as trains as non-partisan and non-political as possible. While I don't hesitate to tell fellow Badgers about how we Wisconsinites continue to pay for the rejection of the train funding and service extension, and how our money went to the California HSR initiative, and how our State will pay for what ever the outcome of the Talgo lawsuit, I'm inclined to keep things non-political.

I've seen that when trains become politicized, then trains lose public support. We need more public support for trains, not less.

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves, here. These latest disclosures are about Walker's staff, not Mr. Walker.
I would second that. All of what you wrote.

That being said we're starting to approach the point where Walker will have to choose between admitting he was in on it or admitting he's a clueless manager of cronies. Then again this man has been let off the hook so many times, by both the media and by the voters, that it truly beggars belief.

Back