pennyk

Bill Haithcoat's Health Condition

Bill is improving with physical therapy and hopeful of being moved to an assisted living home where he can see the Amtrak rails.

Good to hear!:) At least he can see the rails, it would be better if he could ride the rails!:)

Edited by the_traveler
Spelling

Aloha

Hope he can also hear the Horn that kind of music will help get better

Mahalo

That is GREAT news. Bill is a great resource and also a great person!

That's it! Bill is the inspiration for a new form of assisted living: specially-equipped train cars! There'll be a therapy area at one end of the car, wheelchair-accessible showers, a new rank of rail staff certified as caregivers and nursing assistants, and an on-board nurse available at all times. Regular train passengers from other cars can be treated by the staff medical personnel for an additional fee. Walkers have extra sets of wheels on side legs to make them extra stable as the train jostles. And resident medical records will be kept at hospitals at all stops along the line, just in case immediate care is needed. A superb concept, Bill! You of course should get a cut for making it all possible. Even better, you should have a paid position as senior rail staff mentor.

I'm glad to make your virtual acquaintance, Bill, and very best wishes to you for your continued recovery.

Edited by Lumeria

Bill,

I hope you make up all the ground - and more - involved in your "setback" so you can give us more detail than euphemism on what happened and how you're doing, just as you would give us the appreciated factual details on steam and other railroading.

Metra+003.jpg

Here's Bill topside aboard Metra at AU's first Gathering, with J1-3235 (Mike), AlanB, and (I think) Trogdor (Robert); part of the gang remaining after the shop tour and lunch to make the Sunday afternoon run out to Elgin. WhoozPhoto, 10-14-07.

Edited by WhoozOn1st

I just heard from Bill's sister. She said Bill will be moving into his new apartment this weekend. I assume that will be his assisted living apartment. I view this as positive news. :)

Thanks Patrick for posting that great photo.

:cool: Great News! And I agree, Good Pic Patrick! :hi: (One Question: you show a date of 10-14-10 on the Pic but wasn't the 2010 Gathering in St. Louis??(My First Gathering)

One Question: you show a date of 10-14-10 on the Pic but wasn't the 2010 Gathering in St. Louis??(My First Gathering)

Good eye, my mistake, corrected in original post. Amtrak Unlimited's First Annual Gathering (some people were skeptical then about the "annual" bit!) was held at Chicago, in October, 2007. Here's Bill in the group shot taken after getting off the bus and before walking to wait for the Sunday shop tour...

ME+Group+Tour.jpg

Bill Haithcoat is at left on the ground. OMG was I ever FAT back then!! It was seeing such pics of myself that made me work - successfully - back to my normal weight. WhoozPic, 10-14-07.

It certainly is good to hear that Bill is doing so much better. I'm praying for a full & quick recovery!

It is so weird seeing Alan with a flip phone.

It is so weird seeing Alan with a flip phone.

Until the current iPhone 3GS, every cell phone that I had ever owned was a Motorola flip phone. I even had a hands free device for my first Motorola flip phone before it was fashionable to have a hands free device. It was this huge, clunky thing that I slipped my phone into and then donned a wired headset. Cost me like $200 IIRC, and it was money well spent!

Bill you've also given me some great information about past trains here in Atlanta. Thank you, and I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your new surroundings with a view of the tracks! - Chris J

I am back

t

toruble signing on. this is a test.

Aloha

Welcome Back

I AM BACK

First, thanks, for the kind words and prayers.

I was struck by two kinds of flu and this caused the parkinson medicine to lose its worth..

I fell and was too weak to get up.- I lay in my apartment saying HELP for SEVEN HOURS.

I was taken to a hospital first then a rehab center.

No way did I go back to my home of 35 years after all that ordeal yelling HELP for seven hours.

Instead I am in a nice assisted living place behind Lenox Mall..

NS freigthts, the Crescent and both north south route MARTA trains are about one eighth of a mile ffrom my window

Edited by Bill Haithcoat

I am back

t

toruble signing on. this is a test.

Bill, I'm so glad to 'see' that you are back!!! I hope you continue to recover quickly, so you can get out there and ride the rails some more! :hi: