follow-up re: refund

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainaddict

Train Attendant
I tried to post this in my original post but that is shut down to sensor me.

I talked to Amtrak (this is how it's spelled for those who don't know) about the late train. They said there was nothing they could do, but they offered me a voucher for future travel. I told them I would never take Amtrak again, but they still said they would give it to me. For the security concern they said Amtrak is safe but that they can't tell me everything they do. When I asked them what those things were they would not say. Not very convincing. Finally, regarding the exchanges on this blog they insisted it was not run by them even though it uses their name, but when I told them that one of their engineers was on here and was engaged in crude, rude, and lewd behavior they said they would investigate it. They promised me that this is not part of the training manual.

I also contacted Terry McAuliffe's office about the problems with Amtrak and their personnel, and I gave all the details. They said they will investigate it once he is in there. Until then I said I will continue to monitor the activity on this Amtrak blog. One thing I am against is wasteful government spending. That much you can count on.

Say trainaddict,

How do you enjoy your job as an Amtrak Train Attendant?

That's what it says under your name... so you must be one.

Just like the member you're referencing is an Engineer, you are a Train Attendant and I'm an OBS Chief... those titles mean nothing. They're just for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to post this in my original post but that is shut down to sensor me.

I talked to Amtrak (this is how it's spelled for those who don't know) about the late train. They said there was nothing they could do, but they offered me a voucher for future travel. I told them I would never take Amtrak again, but they still said they would give it to me. For the security concern they said Amtrak is safe but that they can't tell me everything they do. When I asked them what those things were they would not say. Not very convincing. Finally, regarding the exchanges on this blog they insisted it was not run by them even though it uses their name, but when I told them that one of their engineers was on here and was engaged in crude, rude, and lewd behavior they said they would investigate it. They promised me that this is not part of the training manual.

I also contacted Terry McAuliffe's office about the problems with Amtrak and their personnel, and I gave all the details. They said they will investigate it once he is in there. Until then I said I will continue to monitor the activity on this Amtrak blog. One thing I am against is wasteful government spending. That much you can count on.
To be clear, this site is NOT owned by Amtrak and does not represent Amtrak in any way. The only connection with Amtrak is that the site uses the name Amtrak. Scroll to the bottom of each page. You will clearly see that this site disclaims any association with Amtrak. This site is made up of members who are interested in Amtrak travel and wish to discuss that, both positively and negatively.

The member titles "Engineer," "OBS Chief," etc are only titles given to members based on the number of posts made by that member. It has NOTHING to do with Amtrak and in no way represents that the member is actuality employed at Amtrak in any capacity.

Nothing Personal trainaddict, but evidently you Won't Listen and Can't Read, or Else you're One of those People that Love to Beat Dead Horses Long after you've been Proven to be Mistaken! I'm Sure that No Secuirty Agency will tell Anyone About their Security Methods, Especially On-Line to an Unknown Blogger!

Once Again, we're a Train Enthusiaist Forum, not Amtrak! I'm an Engineer on the Forum which Means Ive been a Member for Several Years and am a Regular Contributor! Civics Lesson 101: I have to think that Gov. Elect McAuliffe of Virginia has More Important Things to do than to Deal with Unfounded and Idiotic Charges about Amtrak which he has No Connection too! (Except for some Funding to State Supported Trains/Amtrak is Federal!)! Just Saying, Report Me and keep Me Posted as to when the Black Helicopters can be Expected! :rolleyes:

Sigh... some people can't see reality even when it's smack in front of their face...

No, the thread was not shut down to "sensor" [sic] you. (would like to see what type of sensors they attached to you... maybe the word you were looking for was censor?) The thread was locked because too many people were having too much fun given the silliness of the exchanges.

As far as wasting government monies, ie, my tax dollars: I must congratulate you on doing exactly that (such a fool). Let's try one more time: this forum is not run by Amtrak, promoted by Amtrak, or has anything to do with them, other than being a collection of people, which do not work for Amtrak, but enjoy riding their trains. So, now you've prompted a government employee to waste there time looking into something which has nothing to do with the government, because you could not listen or comprehend what you were being told. Thanks a lot. I love hypocrites which say one thing, yet do exactly the opposite. Hopefully the investigation when it turns out to be a case of cluelessness on your part, they turn around and bill you for it.

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg
(source)

I agree with the troll comment. I think we've made things as clear as possible. This topic is locked.

Does that mean we are sensoring? Hmm???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back