Sign in to follow this  
trainaddict

I want a refund

It's not a personal attack, it's a statement of fact.

You've "taken a handout" if you've ever driven on a road.

Or consumed food or purchased goods that ever traveled on a road.

Okay this has gone too far. I am going to call them right now. I will also call one of my representatives and ask them why and Amtrack engineer feels the need to accost me on here.

He's not an Amtrack engineer. He's not even an Amtrak engineer. The "engineer". "conductor", etc..., designations listed under each person's name are simply an artificial feature of this very-not-officially-Amtrak-forum pertaining to the number of posts the person has made.

jb

And I do hope that he/she/it never does take an Amtrack nor Amtrak train again... there are some customers (speaking as a company owner), that one is simply best giving their money back, wish them a good day, and let them know that they're not welcome back... I suspect he/she/it was a PITA to each and every other passengers around him/her/it. .... I'm very glad the rest of the members of this, not associated with Amtrak, not funded by a single tax payer dollar, forum, do not have a "personality" like the addict. ... as they used to say in the usenet era: plonk...

Edited by gmushial

It's not a personal attack, it's a statement of fact.

You've "taken a handout" if you've ever driven on a road.

Or consumed food or purchased goods that ever traveled on a road.

Okay this has gone too far. I am going to call them right now. I will also call one of my representatives and ask them why and Amtrack engineer feels the need to accost me on here.

He's not an Amtrack engineer. He's not even an Amtrak engineer. The "engineer". "conductor", etc..., designations listed under each person's name are simply an artificial feature of this very-not-officially-Amtrak-forum pertaining to the number of posts the person has made.

jb

Reminds me of the old expression: it's pointless to try to teach a pig to sing... besides being assured of failure, it pisses the pig off ;-) ;-(

tCp90.gif

Sarah - I just realized that you were an engineer also (after all that's what it says above your avatar/picture)... which routes do you engineer on?? :-)

As stated, Amtrak Unlimited (AU) has no affiliation with Amtrak (actually as much as Federal Express is a federal agency) and the "designations" you see under a person's name (such as "Engineer") is only a symbol of how many posts they have made here on AU.

I urge you to contact Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL and when an agent answers, request to be connected to Customer RELATIONS, not just Customer Service. The agent may just transfer you to his/her supervisor for service. Customer Relations is a totally separate department.

I wish you luck, and I ask you please to keep us informed - and I personally invite you to use AU whenever you wish!

I want the 45 seconds of my life I wasted reading this thread back.

I do retract this part, though. This thread deliver an abundant amount of entertainment.

I stand by the rest, though.

Especially the "complain to your congressperson about me" part. That would be awesome.

Best thread of the year!

I gotta agree with this.. I died laughing at post 23.

I thought #22 was Better!!! :giggle:

Safety? Think again. How can transportation be safe when there are no checks when you board? In the age of terror this is unacceptable.

Perhaps after we exit the Decade of Despair and enter the Century of Certainty this Age of Terror will end and usher in the Millenium of Mea Culpa.

Guess the poster doesn't realize that he just got a job as a "Train Attendant" by virtue of posting on this board...

Sure wouldn't want he/she/it on any train that I was on... besides, the personality is sooo far beneath that of any Amtrak personnel that I've encountered... no, would suggest that he/she/it restrict themselves to the flying cattlecars (and the associated TSA theater).

I just want to know one thing.....how can I sign up to be one of these Amtrack engineers? Sounds like a pretty cool thing to be. I want to accost people too! :wub:

Edited by tim54449

I just want to know one thing.....how can I sign up to be one of these Amtrack engineers? Sounds like a pretty cool thing to be. I want to accost people too! :wub:

Maybe start a thread like this one...but come back often to post...you get promoted by quota.

I think the poster is quiet for now, and we had fun at his/her expense. I ask us to please stop these postings. Thank you!

What kind of trains are you addicted to? Your attitude towards Amtrak gives the impression that you do not like trains at all. Oh, and if you spell words right we might take you seriously.