I want a refund

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainaddict

Train Attendant
Dear Amtrack,

I took the train for the first time from Virginia to Atlanta, and I got there late. Not just a little late, but more than 5 hours late.

I want my refund.

I have heard from your representatives on this board that Amtrack is reliable, safe, friendly, and courteous, but I didn't get any of that from this train. First, it was not reliable, because I got there over 5 hours late. As a result I could not eat breakfast with my niece who is sick. Safety? Think again. How can transportation be safe when there are no checks when you board? In the age of terror this is unacceptable. Secondly, friendly and courteous. When I asked the worker why we were delayed he said he would have to find out from his "supervisor" but he never came back and told me. All this goes to show that the government again fails to run a business because of endless regulation. Where did it lead? To a late train and one disappointed customer. This is no way to treat someone who honestly wanted to enjoy a trip but could not because of everything mentioned. I will never take Amtrack again.

Thank you.

The first rule of Amtrak is no refunds!

The second rule of Amtrak is No Refunds!

The third rule of Amtrak is NO REFUNDS!

Seriously though, has anyone ever received a refund from Amtrak?

Dear Amtrack,

I took the train for the first time from Virginia to Atlanta, and I got there late. Not just a little late, but more than 5 hours late.

I want my refund.

I have heard from your representatives on this board that Amtrack is reliable, safe, friendly, and courteous, but I didn't get any of that from this train. First, it was not reliable, because I got there over 5 hours late. As a result I could not eat breakfast with my niece who is sick. Safety? Think again. How can transportation be safe when there are no checks when you board? In the age of terror this is unacceptable. Secondly, friendly and courteous. When I asked the worker why we were delayed he said he would have to find out from his "supervisor" but he never came back and told me. All this goes to show that the government again fails to run a business because of endless regulation. Where did it lead? To a late train and one disappointed customer. This is no way to treat someone who honestly wanted to enjoy a trip but could not because of everything mentioned. I will never take Amtrack again.

Thank you.
This is a Chat forum, that is not affiliated with Amtrak. If you have customer issues, you should contact guest relations directly, via the website, www.amtrak.com or call 1-800 USA RAIL (1-800-872-7245)

The first rule of Amtrak is no refunds!

The second rule of Amtrak is No Refunds!

The third rule of Amtrak is NO REFUNDS!

Seriously though, has anyone ever received a refund from Amtrak?
I never have, and if Amtrak gets a person from point A to point B, I doubt they'd refund...just not their practice, from what I've heard. Vouchers, yes, but not refunds.

I do wonder which day the OP traveled. Might give an insight into why the train was five hours late.

Also, if the OP is going to contact Customer Relations, call Amtrak, don't email them. I'm still waiting for a response on an email I sent over a month ago. Apparently it takes "several weeks" for Customer Relations to respond to an email.

(Aside: I am glad Amtrak doesn't have the checks like the airports do. I don't feel much safer having gone through security, just more frustrated.)

Dear Amtrack,

I want my refund.

Thank you.
I'm no Amtrak apologist--it has many problems--but sometimes lateness is truly beyond anyone's control. It's not as if airlines never strand anyone overnight. If you are that terrified about boarding a train in the age of terror, maybe you shouldn't risk traveling by any means.

I want the 45 seconds of my life I wasted reading this thread back.

Call Amtrak. Maybe they'll do something for you.

Every form of transportation is subject to delays.
Some of you have helpful responses. But some of these replies like this one are not helpful. I will mention this when I contact the number you gave.

Some of you have helpful responses. But some of these replies like this one are not helpful. I will mention this when I contact the number you gave.
Please read the disclaimer on the very bottom of each page of the forum. This forum has no affiliation with Amtrak in any way, shape, or form, and as such does not reflect the opinions of Amtrak.

You are still missing one key point - this forum has no association with Amtrak whatsoever. We just like to talk about what makes Amtrak's world go 'round.

jb

What part of "This is a Chat forum, that is not affiliated with Amtrak." is unclear to you?

I don't work for Amtrak. Nobody posting in this thread does.

It says at the bottom of every page:

AUdisclaim.png

Sorry for your delay. Stuff happens. Count yourself as fortunate to those folks stranded at DFW airport over the past three days. At least you got to your destination the same day, unlike many of those.

If this is the worst travel experience you have ever had , then you should stick to driving yourself and don't forget to ask for those government dollars to pay for those roads that you will travel on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go right ahead. As another person mentioned, this site is not owned or affiliated with Amtrak. We are people who, for the most part, enjoy traveling via Amtrak.

I'm no Amtrak apologist--it has many problems--but sometimes lateness is truly beyond anyone's control. It's not as if airlines never strand anyone overnight. If you are that terrified about boarding a train in the age of terror, maybe you shouldn't risk traveling by any means.
I once thought like that, until the Empire Builder cured me of my naivete.

Out of all my hundreds of flights I've never been stranded on a plane for five hours.

Sorry for your delay. Stuff happens. Count yourself as fortunate to those folks stranded at DFW airport over the past three days. At least you goy to your destination the same day, unlike many of those.

If this is the worst travel experience you have ever had , then you should stick to driving yourself and don't forget to ask for those government dollars to pay for those roads that you will travel on.
I have never taken a handout and don't plan on that. I came here just to contact Amtrack by phone which I can now do (and refer to some of this discussion, which they should not spend tax dollars on). You don't have to personally attack me.

trainaddict -

Be advised that this is a chat board. We are railfans. We are not affiliated with Amtrak in any way.

I encourage you to contact Amtrak Guest Relations. They may offer you a voucher towards future Amtrak travel.

However, Amtrak Guest Relations is not likely to have much sympathy for you if you are complaining to them abut the Amtrak Unlimited Forum as we are not affiliated. We're like the folks in a sports bar discussing the game on the big screen...... except we're talking about train travel.

If they issue you a voucher, I hope that you'll use it and that your next trip goes better.

Sorry for your delay. Stuff happens. Count yourself as fortunate to those folks stranded at DFW airport over the past three days. At least you goy to your destination the same day, unlike many of those.

I have never taken a handout and don't plan on that. I came here just to contact Amtrack by phone which I can now do (and refer to some of this discussion, which they should not spend tax dollars on). You don't have to personally attack me.
And we are pleased to report that, as far as I'm aware, this forum is not funded by tax dollars!

It's not a personal attack, it's a statement of fact.

You've "taken a handout" if you've ever driven on a road.

Or consumed food or purchased goods that ever traveled on a road.

It's not a personal attack, it's a statement of fact.

You've "taken a handout" if you've ever driven on a road.

Or consumed food or purchased goods that ever traveled on a road.
Okay this has gone too far. I am going to call them right now. I will also call one of my representatives and ask them why and Amtrack engineer feels the need to accost me on here.

I am neither an Amtrak nor an Amtrack Engineer.

Edit: When you say "representatives", do you mean like in Congress?

Nobody has ever complained about me to Congress. That'd actually be pretty cool. Feel free to do that if you'd like. But don't tell them that I work for Amtrack, that's a secret.

Edit2: I thought about calling "troll", but thought that would be rude. I'm beginning to be convinced, though.

Either way, I think that "trainaddict" probably has gotten all of the useful information s/he is going to get from this thread.

You Evil "Amtrak Engineers" need to quit attacking this Poor mistreated Person! If you Don't they'll call John Mica about the $20 Hamburgers and then the Mess will Hit the Fan! *** is this, a Troll??? :rolleyes:

And an Aside to "trainaddict" Isnt it Cool that nothing ever happens to Delay Planes or Traffic on the Highway!

Every time Amtrak Trains are Stopped by Bad Weather, Accidents,etc. it's Great that the Airports are Open and the Highways are Humming with Traffic! <_< Just like What Is Happening Now in the NE and Last Weekend in Texas and the Midwest! Please call your Reprersentative and Senators but send a Check, that's what they Respond too! Especially Mine!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back