Rental car in Richmond, VA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YourFoodSherpa

Train Attendant
I am traveling from WAS-RVM on #95, which puts me in downtown Richmond around 5:30 pm. Is the only option for a rental car to take a taxi to RIC airport and pick one up there? I cannot figure out if there is a car rental location at the train station - or if there is a car rental operator at RVR? My plan is to drive to North Carolina for the night and then continue driving to Florida (no, taking the train the entire distance is not an option), and I would like to get started towards North Carolina as soon as possible upon arrival.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Good move - skip all of the bad afternoon traffic going south out of DC on I-95.

Enterprise has a location near Main Street Station. Maybe 7 or 8 blocks, over by the State Capital and Franklin Street. Maybe a 3 minute cab ride, heading west on Main Street.

Enterprise, huh? I can rent one-way with relative ease with my corporate code from Hertz, Avis and National...but, not Enterprise. :-( A one-way rental on Enterprise, even for one day (and then swap out rentals at RDU) is exorbitant. I think it would be cheaper to pay for the cab ride out to RIC.

Thanks for the reply, though. I really do appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back