Santa Barbara

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slasharoo

Service Attendant
We just spent four days in Santa Barbara. We were able to walk the four blocks to our hotel with our rolling luggage. After check in, walked one more block to the beach. We spent the four days walking and using public transit. They have a trolley system that only costs fifty cents a ride, twenty-five for seniors. The main business district is perpendicular to the beach and the trolley goes along both. We used the city bus system to go to the mission, but otherwise it is a great car-less city--terrific restaurants, shopping and cultural events. Can't say enough good things about this town.

Where did you stay? I have been looking for a close hotel to the train station if I am in Santa Barbara.
If you use an app like (or visit the webpage for) kayak.com and enter the street address of the Santa Barbara Amtrak station, you can order your search results by distance from the station.

Where did you stay? I have been looking for a close hotel to the train station if I am in Santa Barbara.
We stayed at the Marina Beach Motel. It was about $150 a night, during the week. They had a nice breakfast included with the room. The staff was great. The motel was in very good shape.

Consider The Franciscan Inn on Bath St. We stayed there in late September for a very affordable rate. Nice people with comfortable rooms. We walked from the Amtrak station with our luggage without much difficulty.

Back