SunRail Locomotive Delivered

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SunRail Locomotive Delivered

Photos taken at CFRC/SunRail new maintenance facility at Sanford - copyrighted material used with permission

SunRail1_zps17991ded.jpg
SunRail2_zps70fadaf0.jpg

A can of orange juice exploded all over the side. Maybe it looked better in the Photoshop rendering? At least Tri-Rail won't be the silliest livery in FL after this.

The words that comes to mind for the SunRail locomotive paint scheme is garish, loud, or excessive. If the engine ever catches on fire, will anyone be able to tell?

Oops, I misread the title of this thread as "Sunrail locomotive derailed" and studied the photos to try and spot the derailment.

I'm relieved to know all is still on the rails.

A train was on display at Church Street Station in Orlando today. The public was able to look but not board, and we were not able to get real close. I took a few photos and will attempt to post one of them.

On my way walking back to my car (a mile away), the northbound Silver Meteor came through town and I was able to wave at the train. :)

Sunrail-3.JPG

:hi: Very Florida Looking! I thought they'd Paint them in the Colors of FSU, Miami U. and U oF!!!! :giggle:

Is where you took the Pic a New Platform for the Sun Rail Trains or Amtrak????

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Very Florida Looking! I thought they'd Paint them in the Colors of FSU, Miami U. and U oF!!!! :giggle:

The platform is where a former Atlantic Coast Line (I believe) station was located many years ago and the former location of the Church Street Station Steam Engine. This is a new platform being built for SunRail only. The Amtrak station is a couple of miles to the south.

The wavoid paint scheme really smacks of SoCal Metrolink and New Mexico Rail Runner; derivative. Bland colors, too.
That was my very first thought.

The "wavoid" bit is kind of nice, but the sun is a bit much. Either sun or waves/ribbons, not both... or at least figure out a way to make them blend a bit better. I feel like I dropped acid in the breakfast cereal aisle at the supermarket.

The platform is where a former Atlantic Coast Line (I believe) station was located many years ago and the former location of the Church Street Station Steam Engine. This is a new platform being built for SunRail only. The Amtrak station is a couple of miles to the south.
So SunRail wont be Stopping @ the Orlando Amtrak Station when it starts Running? Seems like Poor Planning! :rolleyes:

According to the Sunrail website, the trains will stop at both Church Street and "Orlando Health/Amtrak," so it would seem the current Amtrak station will also be a Sunrail station.

According to the Sunrail website, the trains will stop at both Church Street and "Orlando Health/Amtrak," so it would seem the current Amtrak station will also be a Sunrail station.
That is correct. I apologize Jim, if my previous response was misleading. There will be several stops in the Orlando area and Church Street is only one of them. The SunRail platforms are "in progress" at the Orlando Amtrak station.

A quick photo comparison and I have no doubts about Dutch's statement. Either way, I don't like the look (it comes across at the railroad interpretation of a Trilobite.)

Back