Security Theater @ Austin Amtrak Station Today!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
Upon Arrival @ the Austin Amtrak Station this Morning (3/21) to catch #22 on a Double Points Run to/from TPL the Following LE Convention was Observed on the Station Platform: 12 LE Types (HLS/TSA/APD), and 4 Drug/Bomb Dogs!!! :eek: Sure seems like Overkill for a Fairly Small Station!! ;)

Due to a Freight Train/Motorcycle Collision in SMC, # 22 was 2 Hours Late into Austin so the LE Types ( 4 of which were "Supervisors")Smoked Cigs, Drank Coffee, let the Dogs Walk Up and Down the Platform! After 1 Hour of Waiting, they All Loaded Up and Headed out, must have been Time for a Coffee Break!! :giggle:

The Station Agent told me that this has started Happening about Once a Week for the Past Month in Austin and so far Nothing has been Found or Happened! Reno 911 in Austin??? :rolleyes:

But where they searching bags, swabbing them for explosives, or otherwise bothering the pax?

I wonder what they would have done if the train had been on time! :help:

Theatre? Maybe. Sounds more like "we are getting bored at the airport, so Hey - A Field Trip".

You should find a way to get them to Taylor .. that would be funny.

Or better yet, ask them to help you with your carryon, and try to tip them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theatre? Maybe. Sounds more like "we are getting bored at the airport, so Hey - A Field Trip".You should find a way to get them to Taylor .. that would be funny.

But Amtrak says to only use legitimate Red Caps. Did these guys wear red caps? :giggle:

How about trying to play FETCH with one of the dogs? Or w/a LEO?

Theatre? Maybe. Sounds more like "we are getting bored at the airport, so Hey - A Field Trip".You should find a way to get them to Taylor .. that would be funny.

But Amtrak says to only use legitimate Red Caps. Did these guys wear red caps? :giggle:
No, but Red Guns! :eek:

The Station Agent told me that this has started Happening about Once a Week for the Past Month in Austin and so far Nothing has been Found or Happened! Reno 911 in Austin??? :rolleyes:
Your tax dollars at play.

;) Perfect, Bar-B-Q for the Circus!!! The Taylor "Station" is a Picnic Table with a Shed Roof next to the UP Regional Freight Ops HDQS. ( Ex-MoPac Station) ^_^

You know LE types use red guns sometimes to practice tactical situations. :eek:hboy: True.

Due to a Freight Train/Motorcycle Collision in SMC, # 22 was 2 Hours Late into Austin so the LE Types ( 4 of which were "Supervisors")Smoked Cigs, Drank Coffee, let the Dogs Walk Up and Down the Platform! After 1 Hour of Waiting, they All Loaded Up and Headed out, must have been Time for a Coffee Break!! :giggle:
Did they stand in a circle preparing to do the Hokey Pokey, as we saw in Houston in January? Is this some sort of Texas custom?

Did they stand in a circle preparing to do the Hokey Pokey, as we saw in Houston in January? Is this some sort of Texas custom?
This just in: They are going to revive "The Keystone Cops" Series of Movies and these Clowns are the Stars! :giggle: (And Now that the Weather is Heating Up here in Austin theyll Switch to their Summer Attire, Short Shorts just like the Goofballs in Reno 911! :rolleyes: )

jim will i get to see the show when i get to austin on april 25for eeyores
I hope Not, you'll arrive after Dark on #21 and these Folks and their Mutts will all be in Bed after a hard Day of Performing Security Theater!! Possibly when you catch #22 to head Home they''ll Put on a Performance!!!!! :rolleyes:

jim will i get to see the show when i get to austin on april 25for eeyores
I hope Not, you'll arrive after Dark on #21 and these Folks and their Mutts will all be in Bed after a hard Day of Performing Security Theater!! Possibly when you catch #22 to head Home they''ll Put on a Performance!!!!! :rolleyes:
i will be leaving on monday morning the 29th i would enjoy a theater show for my entertainment

You know LE types use red guns sometimes to practice tactical situations. :eek:hboy: True.
My kid is in the U S NAVY - and they use red, and blue, plastic gun-replicas for the "pirates try and board us" drills.

The sailors kind of like the break from the routine of standing watch.

Seems like the local LE likes a break from the boredom also.

When the north-border patrol walks the EB -- well, they do have to do -something- we all hope they spend a lot more time actually searching and protecting - at the border - walking the train is a restful break - yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back