? About recent CZ coach seating...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabrilloman

Service Attendant
I am riding the CZ next week Ottumwa IA to Reno and back 5 days later. I was wondering if it has been assigned seating lately or if it has been choose your own. The fare going westward has risen a bunch this week so I am assuming it is going to be a bit crowded heading to Reno. So if anybody who has riden the CZ lately can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ;)

It depends. Some do assigned seating assignment by one of coach attendants and some don't. It may be assigned to a specific car (for destination) and specific seat. If the attendant doesn't tell you which seat, find a seat which it doesn't have a "check" tag placed on the base of overhead bin. It means that the seat is available.

The car attendent will probably give you a seat assignment as you board and give you general directions as to its location. The attendent will know on a paper chart what seats are available. Particulary important if it is a nearly full train. and it is an intermediate, middle-of-the-night stop.

It really just depends on the crew. There is no real way to know what the crew will do until you board the train.

Regardless, I hope you have a safe and fun trip on the CZ, enjoy the scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back