bus from L.A. to Vegas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MT201

can anyone tell me about bus to Vegas from L.A. traveling Sunset limited to L.A. on 22nd, bus to Vegas. how long is trip, what kind of bus ?

OK, here's a bus fan trying to help you out :) :

Trip is over five hours long. Bus operated by Greyhound Lines. On this route (556), it should be a decent MCI 102DL3 (that's the kind of bus). It's designed for line-haul service instead of charter service.

Trip is over five hours long. Bus operated by Greyhound Lines. On this route (556), it should be a decent MCI 102DL3 (that's the kind of bus). It's designed for line-haul service instead of charter service.
Aloha

Last week rode this bus, with the stops, including a food stop the tip is closer 6+ hours. The food stop in Bakersfield has several choices for food, McDonald's, Panda, and a few others.

Aloha

Last week rode this bus, with the stops, including a food stop the tip is closer 6+ hours. The food stop in Bakersfield has several choices for food, McDonald's, Panda, and a few others.
556 does not pass through Bakersfield. This route has a Meal/Rest Stop in Barstow. Schedule: http://extranet.grey...s2/pageset.html

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here's a bus fan...

Wow, those actually exist?!
huh.gif

[Only half-kidding; a friend of mine could be considered a marginal one.]

Aloha

556 does not pass through Bakersfield. This route has a Meal/Rest Stop in Barstow. Schedule: http://extranet.grey...s2/pageset.html
I believe Eric's bus was 554, which does stop in Bakersfield. Check your schedules Mr. SH :)

Aloha

I believe Eric's bus was 554, which does stop in Bakersfield. Check your schedules Mr. SH :)
Actually, "Mr. SH" is correct....the once a day trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on 'route 554' via Palmdale and Mojave also does not run thru Bakersfield, and has its rest stop at Barstow. The trip that does go thru Bakersfield originates up in Fresno, and goes to Mexicali...

Aloha

Actually, "Mr. SH" is correct....the once a day trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on 'route 554' via Palmdale and Mojave also does not run thru Bakersfield, and has its rest stop at Barstow. The trip that does go thru Bakersfield originates up in Fresno, and goes to Mexicali...
I stand corrected. Must be why I only ride trains and not buses :p :D

Aloha

Sorry Guys, and girls, a senior moment. I thought Barstow and typed Bakersfield. To bad for me I did not post the picture I took of the stop. But hey I had so much fun at the gathering I am still tired. :giggle: :lol:

I stand corrected. Must be why I only ride trains and not buses :p :D
Understandable error....besides economy, that's the main reason that Greyhound ceased distributing timetables several years ago. The average person has a difficult time understanding some of the timetables. They can get very complicated. Nowadays, if you ask for one when you purchase your ticket, they will give you a printout of the different trips between your two points that are easily understood.

BTW, the 554 dosen't stop at Union Station either. Even though it is listed on the timetable, it's blank.

I think the bus Mr SH likes only goes to Praven!!
Nah, Praven's just a joke! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back