Railroad Revival Tour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
Anyone taking part in this? Sounds like fun! http://railroadrevival.com/rider
cool.gif

It sounds like this will be coming through Norman on its way to Texas and Amtrak Sleepers will be used. Now my biggest question is how will they get that Sleeper from Memphis to OKC? It would be fun to see the little Heartland Flyer with Sleepers!

OlympianHiawatha said:
1347587959[/url]' post='393763']It sounds like this will be coming through Norman on its way to Texas and Amtrak Sleepers will be used. Now my biggest question is how will they get that Sleeper from Memphis to OKC? It would be fun to see the little Heartland Flyer with Sleepers!
Those prices look pretty good actually. Wonder what they mean by "dorm" ?

How do they get from Oklahoma city to old town spring (Just north of Houston) on Amtrak in one night?

Rare mileage anyone? :wub: Sadly, it looks like it is all at night, and what is the point of traveling on a new route if you cannot even see it?

I still might go down and take a look at the train though...

OlympianHiawatha said:
1347587959[/url]' post='393763']It sounds like this will be coming through Norman on its way to Texas and Amtrak Sleepers will be used. Now my biggest question is how will they get that Sleeper from Memphis to OKC? It would be fun to see the little Heartland Flyer with Sleepers!
I'm guessing that, unlike Amtrak, they are pairing people off into a roomette. Unless they're selling space in some special car, but they seem to be claiming that all sleepers are Superliner's.

amtraknovi said:
1347591799[/url]' post='393767']
OlympianHiawatha said:
Especiallyn the old town to Tempe leg, looks like two nights on train for same price. Too bad I have to be in Norman for work on the 27!

Last edited by a moderator:
OlympianHiawatha said:
I'm guessing that, unlike Amtrak, they are pairing people off into a roomette. Unless they're selling space in some special car, but they seem to be claiming that all sleepers are Superliner's.
Alan: Sounds like to me they will have a TransDorm on the Train, hence the use of the term "Dorm"! (Unless they've rounded up an Old Slumber Coach somewhere from a Bone Yard or Private Owner!) Sounds a little Pricey to me for this Trip even though its a Nice chance for some Rare Mileage! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I got excited for a minute when I read, "New Orleans-Duluth-New Orleans". I was ready to book at those prices, then realized it was NOT Duluth, MN........
angry.gif

Back