FYI - There is no “Chat”. A chat window opens, but after you type your question, it says to email CS and they will respond within 24 hours!

So why even have a chat window?

Yeah, it is a bit weird. I have had someone chatting with me on that window at times, and at other times it forwards to the "send email" bot.

While you are at it, do include a complaint about the email thing in the email message too. ;)

Edited by jis

They did respond, and said reservations are not yet open past 12/31 - and try again “in a few weeks”!:blink:

I guess the trains will be very empty on 1/1/2019!

1 minute ago, the_traveler said:

They did respond, and said reservations are not yet open past 12/31 - and try again “in a few weeks”!:blink:

I guess the trains will be very empty on 1/1/2019!

Frankly, I don't think they have a huge number of reservations this far out anyway. Typically they start filling up two weeks before departure. The fare does not change all that much either.

Apparently Richard Branson is dipping his hand into the US rail market. Brightline has partnered with Virgin Group, and will be rebranded as "Virgin Rail USA"

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/11/16/brightline-partners-with-virgin-group-as-it-plans.html

peter

Apparently Richard Branson is dipping his hand into the US rail market. Brightline has partnered with Virgin Group, and will be rebranded as "Virgin Rail USA"
https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/11/16/brightline-partners-with-virgin-group-as-it-plans.html
peter

That was a sincerely unexpected move.

3 hours ago, PerRock said:

peter

What the hell?! That really came out of nowhere. :huh:

And for the record, I quite like the name "Brightline" as well as its color scheme, so I'm a bit sad that it's probably about to be replaced with something like this:

Virgin-Trains-Pendolino-Repainted-Train-

On the one hand, I'm sorry to see the Brightline branding vanish.

On the other hand, based on everything else I've seen attached to the Virgin brand, the two are a good match.  In the scheme of things, this is probably going to involve some sort of tie-up with Virgin Atlantic, too, btw (if only through a shared loyalty program).  SRB is also still smarting from the Virgin America acquisition and he did say he wanted back into the US market.