Pullman Sleeping Car Company

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
Interesting Postings on RailForum.com in re the newly Announced Pullman Sleeping Car Company that is being started by a PV Operator called Iowa Pacific out of Chicago! Some Interesting Videos of Famous Old Trains (Broadway Ltd/Super Chief etc.)and Discussion about whether or not this Plan is Feasible! Check it out and also TravelPullman.com for the Videos! Be interesting to see what they will charge for the Overnights on the LSL and the CONO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting Postings on RailForum.com in re the newly Announced Pullman Sleeping Car Company that is being started by a PV Operator called Iowa Pacific out of Chicago! Some Interesting Videos of Famous Old Trains (Broadway Ltd/Super Chief etc.)and Discussion about whether or not this Plan is Feasible! Check it out and also TravelPullman.com for the Videos! Be interesting to see what they will charge for the Overnights on the LSL and the CONO!!!
You have a link, Jim?

I'm trying to think up what their cost structure is going to look like. Depending on where their fares come in, I could see them acting as a "sixth bucket" on the Lake Shore at peak season...the LSL's sleeper is increasingly locked to the $400 bucket even in the off season (and I'm seeing some trains on the $467 top bucket in May, while the $199 low bucket is all but an academic item at this point).

I know the Boston sleeper is usually less full, but I was able to get the $199 bucket from CHI-BOS 3 months out for my trip in April
That's more a function of the Boston market's size than anything. New York will pick up most riders between PVD and PHL heading west. They vary, but I think 449 is slightly inclined towards a lower bucket than 49 (at least out of ALB), but it's probably a convoluted toss-up.

The bucket still exists, but it comes up very rarely anymore. Part of this is Amtrak's revenue management strategy, but part is demand.

Looking ahead to June, you've got some trains at low bucket...and some that have already sold out their roomettes.

You have a link, Jim?
Tom: There is a Link on the Post dated 2-24-12 by Palmland: Travel Pullman/ it worked for me by Clicking on it, so you might Look @ that? :unsure: Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I wonder how and at what cost they acquired the rights to the Pullman Company name? And from who, since the company was long gone.....

I saw on the Trains magazine Web site that Iowa Pacific has acquired Coffee Creek, the only remaining Sky Top sleeper. I know that it needs an enormous amount of restoration work, but now that would be the way to travel.

Back