:::Warning::: Entertainment in Coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an iPad that I like to watch movies on.

THANK GOODNESS no one was sitting next to me when I started watching the comedy 'Bridesmaids' last week! :eek:

I had my headphones in but it felt like everyone on the train could hear and see what I did :lol:

I also made the mistake of watching 'Black Swan' in the lounge on my last trip and I had to close the cover during a couple of scenes! :giggle:

One time I was on this train and some coach lady was watching all this inappropriate content in front of everyone.

Oh, wait...

;)

Bridesmaids was soooooo boring. Normally I enjoy dysfunctional off-color comedies but Brides just dragged and dragged.

Black Swan was great though. Much better than I expected!

Using headphones is no guarantee that your fellow passengers can't hear things. How many of us have had

to sit and listen to tinny music coming through some rinky-dink headphones from someone near us?

One time I was on this train and some coach lady was watching all this inappropriate content in front of everyone.

Oh, wait...

;)

Bridesmaids was soooooo boring. Normally I enjoy dysfunctional off-color comedies but Brides just dragged and dragged.

Black Swan was great though. Much better than I expected!
:lol:

I agree about Bridesmaids, a couple of funny scenes but way too much woman drama.

Not what I expected.

I thought I would love Black Swan but, alas, it was not to be.

Using headphones is no guarantee that your fellow passengers can't hear things. How many of us have had

to sit and listen to tinny music coming through some rinky-dink headphones from someone near us?
Agreed but I use my Apple ear buds and don't jam the sound so I'm not worried.

I haven't had to do it yet but I'll have no problem asking the conductor to speak to a passenger if I can hear their tunes.

Usually, other passengers take care of it before it's even an issue.

I've been lucky, no bad coach experiences yet.

I loved Bridesmaids - but perhaps you aren't their target demographic. I found it quite funny, but I can see that some of the jokes would be lost on men or women that have not served as bridesmaids in the past. But hey, to each his own. But I don't think that just the images on the screen would be that bad on a train.

I agree about Bridesmaids, a couple of funny scenes but way too much woman drama. Not what I expected. I thought I would love Black Swan but, alas, it was not to be.
I'm a huge Aronofsky fan, so I guess it figures that I'd be impressed with Black Swan. :cool:

I loved Bridesmaids - but perhaps you aren't their target demographic. I found it quite funny, but I can see that some of the jokes would be lost on men or women that have not served as bridesmaids in the past.
Maybe I was too put off by the prolonged sequences of scatological humor to notice the subtle comedic devices others found so endearing.
vomit.gif

*Meant to be a dig at the movie, not at the fans!

:lol: Seriously? The Jon Hamm/Kristin Wiig above the shoulders sex scene for gawd knows how many minutes wouldn't be bad on a train?

I may be too old to be a Bridesmaid right now, well, not if it's an older bat than me getting married but I digress....

It was just a little too forced and a little too lame.

Like I said, some funny scenes.

Also, I'm not one of the 'old timer SNL hasn't been good since Belushi croaked' crowd. :p

I watch it nearly every Saturday and I'm still a big fan so I get all different types of humor and raunchy doesn't bother me in the least.

Trying to create a female version of The Hangover just didn't cut it for me and I really like Apatow.

I loved Bridesmaids - but perhaps you aren't their target demographic. I found it quite funny, but I can see that some of the jokes would be lost on men or women that have not served as bridesmaids in the past. But hey, to each his own. But I don't think that just the images on the screen would be that bad on a train.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best movie without any doubt whatsoever to watch on a train is Look Out the Window.
Agreed! After dark possibly reading Zephyr...Tracking A Dream Across America....again. Reminds me of what my daughter said after riding the EB home from college in PDX to Wisconsin. I asked her if she listened to her ipod for entertainment...."Daaaaad, I did what you taught me, I looked out the window". I was very proud.

I am certainly not the target demographic for Bridesmaids....male, over 50, etc. but I found it HILARIOUS.far better than any of the Hangover movies.

:lol: Seriously? The Jon Hamm/Kristin Wiig above the shoulders sex scene for gawd knows how many minutes wouldn't be bad on a train?
There was a guy with his kid on the LSL last time I took it (late august) who was watching shall we say 'more explicit' stuff on his smartphone for a good part of the trip. Someone must have said something to the staff because they made an announcement telling people that you need to be watching family appropriate stuff on your mobile devices.

peter

There was a guy with his kid on the LSL last time I took it (late august) who was watching shall we say 'more explicit' stuff on his smartphone for a good part of the trip. Someone must have said something to the staff because they made an announcement telling people that you need to be watching family appropriate stuff on your mobile devices.

peter
Very similar thing happened to me once as well, though in the Cafe Car. Two guys were enjoying a uh... well I guess the designation would be NC-17... film.

It was pretty late and besides me and the two guys there wasn't anyone on that side of the car. I was younger at the time and happy to be on a train so I didn't start any ruckus, but it was very bizarre (and annoying) to be hearing and seeing that kind of entertainment so blatantly consumed.

Though at least in that case they didn't have a kid with them, that's just disturbing!!

-sitzplatz17

I thought Jon Hamm was the highlight of the movie! So freaking funny and I totally wasn't expecting him to be in the movie at all. It was funny because it was so ridiculous and awkward.

But everyone has different tastes in comedy - if everyone thought Arrested Development was as funny as I did, it never would have been cancelled in the first place. :lol:

I'm probably not in "Bridesmaids" target audience either but I'll watch any Apatow movie. I think he's a genius. This wasn't the best one I've seen but it definitely was worth watching and had a lot of funny parts. Depending on the route, I'd look out the window to see other trains going by. Other than that, the scenery on a lot of routes just doesn't do it for me.

Jon Hamm :wub: would be the highlight of any movie and, I totally agree, his part was hilarious and I had no idea he was in the movie either.

Speaking of Jon....

This SNL skit - Jon Hamm as Scott Brown- is one of my all time faves:

SNL - New Senator (sorry, there's always a commercial before the video)

I thought Jon Hamm was the highlight of the movie! So freaking funny and I totally wasn't expecting him to be in the movie at all. It was funny because it was so ridiculous and awkward.

But everyone has different tastes in comedy - if everyone thought Arrested Development was as funny as I did, it never would have been cancelled in the first place. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

As recently as 3 days ago, matter of fact. I was in a window seat. The perp. was in the opposite window seat in my row. but it was like she had no earphones on at all. The conductor couldn't have cared less. I just love the civility of the NEC sometimes. :wacko:

A female friend of mine who, like me, is totally deaf, told me how she rode a Cascades down from Vancouver while watching on her video player a very sexy R-rated (borderline X) film with lots of heavy-duty combat sounds. She could not understand why people kept turning around and looking at her in astonishment. She realized, when the attendant came by and told her so, that the sound was turned ALL THE WAY UP on the player. Can you spell m-o-r-t-i-f-i-c-a-t-i-o-n?

By the way, I am busy converting "Zephyr: Tracking a Dream Across America" into an e-book with an Epilogue updating the story, plus an expanded photo section. Should be on Kindle, Nook, etc., by the spring.

laugh.gif
Poor friend but funny story.

I look forward to the 'e' version of your book.

I plan to take my first trip on the Zephyr in March or early April, it would be nice to have your book on my iPad.

A female friend of mine who, like me, is totally deaf, told me how she rode a Cascades down from Vancouver while watching on her video player a very sexy R-rated (borderline X) film with lots of heavy-duty combat sounds. She could not understand why people kept turning around and looking at her in astonishment. She realized, when the attendant came by and told her so, that the sound was turned ALL THE WAY UP on the player. Can you spell m-o-r-t-i-f-i-c-a-t-i-o-n?

By the way, I am busy converting "Zephyr: Tracking a Dream Across America" into an e-book with an Epilogue updating the story, plus an expanded photo section. Should be on Kindle, Nook, etc., by the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back