Friends of MILW 261 Excursion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan72

Lead Service Attendant
This past weekend, the Friends of 261 held two fall color excursions as fundraisers for the overhaul of Milwaukee Road 261. Guest power was Amtrak #156 which led a nicely matched consist of Milwaukee Road passenger cars-including a Skytop Observation car and dome car. On Saturday, they traveled from Minneapolis to Boylston, just south of Superior, WI. On Sunday, they traveled to Winona with a wye trip to LaCrescent, MN. I gave chase on Saturday and captured some shots of 156 in action:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

I last saw 156 when my wife and I went out to Seattle this past June. It was a great to see her in action again!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics! THANKS for the show. The Skytop sure is a car I want to ride in someday. Such a classic look frpm the outside. If the view from the inside is even half as sweet - which I don't doubt it is - I'd be happy.

AU's own RTabern was working on that run. He does the narration for the passengers in the Skydome. I'm sure he will chime in here with a few words when he gets back home.

Back