Via Rail Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

guest to the north

Is there anyone on this forum who has ridden the Via Rail Business Class between Toronto and Montreal and can say whether it is worth the extra fare over the Economy Class?

Is there anyone on this forum who has ridden the Via Rail Business Class between Toronto and Montreal and can say whether it is worth the extra fare over the Economy Class?
Business Class used to be called VIA 1, its similar to First Class on Acela! If you want to spend the money it's nice,good service, comfortable car/seats, and very professional and friendly attendants! But it's not really necessary! Coach (Economy) on the Corridor Via trains is like Coach on the Regionals on the NEC, you get there at the same time, just have to pay for any food or drink, and it's a little more crowded! Personally Id just ride Coach, Ive done both many times!

Last edited by a moderator:
When my employer pays, I book business class. If it's my wallet, I book economy.

Having travelled BC from Toronto to Montreal I would highly recommend it, but have not travelled coach so can't make the comparison. I was on an overseas tourist trip and figured that a few extra dollars in the grand scheme of things may be well spent.

Jean

Back