Pacific Sands

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got email from Pacific Sands, they have a couple of seats for part of the trip back to Los Angeles from New Orleans and Chicago. The trip is called Union Flyer.

"Some added features - We will be travelling on a rare mileage detour between Chicago and St. Louis on the old C&EI. Also, we will be attending a private rail festival at the Illinois Railway Museum where dozens of special trains will run that are normally not open to the public."

Pacific Sands is based in LA, don't know if I can post their commercial webpage or phone but google found both, and also info on the festival at the museum. In any case, I'd say there will be interesting photo opportunities at the Illinois Traction Society event at the museum April 30.

Trains they are hooking up to are Southwest Chief Los Angeles April 25 to Kansas City April 27, Lincoln Service Kansas City to Chicago April 29, Southwest Chief Chicago May 2 to Los Angeles May 4. I think that is enough to figure out the detour.

Edit: Alan says it is OK to post contact and pricing info.

Schedule for five PV cars: http://larail.com/

This trip

Prices in the email: "You can start your trip in New Orleans on April 28 or Chicago on May 1st and travel to St. Louis for a day, then Kansas City for a day then back to Los Angeles. The fare is $895 from New Orleans or $750 from Chicago." Meals not included. Use phone number on website to reserve if still available.

This is rail travel, everything I said is subject to change!

Last edited by a moderator:
Southwest Chief Chicago May 2 to Los Angeles May 4. I think that is enough to figure out the detour.

snip

This is rail travel, everything I said is subject to change!
Aloha

Well if there are no changes it will be on my return to LA. Will confirm it if I can.

Back