Following Anniversary Engine #145

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
165644_10150092525814014_9411224013_6063400_6031384_n.jpg

Read a report that #145 is in Wilmington being prepped for the display train. This goes against everything else that I have heard. Everything else has said #822 will be on the display train and #145 is to roam the system. Unless #145 will be on the display train just at the beginning or just for Train Day.

all the anniversary engines are technically on display. However only one (ok, 2) is going to be on the Museum Train; that is unit 822 (and the F40PH). For NTD I suspect that the various Anniv P42s will be on display at various stations across the states. #822 & the museum train will be on display @ WAS, and then will tour the country (the whole train) stopping at various stations for people to tour it.

peter

all the anniversary engines are technically on display. However only one (ok, 2) is going to be on the Museum Train; that is unit 822 (and the F40PH). For NTD I suspect that the various Anniv P42s will be on display at various stations across the states. #822 & the museum train will be on display @ WAS, and then will tour the country (the whole train) stopping at various stations for people to tour it.

peter
That is exactly what I have heard, up until today where someone reported what I stated. That 145 was prepping for THE display train.

my guess is that someone was just confused, and probably didn't know that #822 is also in phase III for the museum train. In all truefullness Amtrak hasn't said much about whats going to be happening with these engines.

peter

184 (IV) left Chicago as a trailing unit on Train 3, the westbound Southwest Chief, this afternoon. The lead unit was 117, which, ironically, was the unit pictured for Phase IV in Amtrak's initial press release about the heritage program.

66 (II) and 156 (I) are still in Chicago and from what I've read on another board are scheduled for use on a special train this weekend. No recent word on 145 (III).

(reposted from railroadfan.com)

peter

Pretty sure I have the date correct: #145 was the trailing engine on the Eastbound CZ on June 15, which was the first day the CZ ran after a week or so of cancellations. (I was on it - the train, not the engine.)

She's leading 51(29) two cars in front of me (I'm in sleeper 5100). Interestingly enough, our sleeper is the #1 production Viewliner, 62000 ("American View"). The Phase III lady looks resplendent in what I consider to be Amtrak's best paint scheme ever.

She's leading 51(29) two cars in front of me (I'm in sleeper 5100). Interestingly enough, our sleeper is the #1 production Viewliner, 62000 ("American View"). The Phase III lady looks resplendent in what I consider to be Amtrak's best paint scheme ever.
Consider your self lucky to ride behind a Heritage unit! Try and get some shots at longer stops.

Back