Following Anniversary Engine #156

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
199511_10150121945949014_9411224013_6370947_756454_n.jpg

Seems interesting to me it'd be on the LSL first run out. Since from Boston it pretty much has to go back west on 449. They don't seem to want these units to be captive (which I'm definitely in favor of), and from Boston it either goes on 449, goes captive to Portland, or goes captive to New Haven. Surprised it didn't hit the CL like 145 did...

I think that they're working to get it to Wilmington - will a P42 fit through New York (I know they can't run it in the tunnels, but will it fit if towed)?
1) There's no actual law prohibiting diesels into NYP.

2) P42s have the exact same dimensions as the P32ACDM which runs into and out of NYP every day, so, yes it would fit.

Handsome paint job, but it'll never look as good on the angles of a P42 as it did on the sweet curves of the covered wagons (Es & Fs). I've heard that old logo called "headless arrow," "pointless arrow" and a chevron, and the current Aceloid one referred to as "three sheets to the wind."

Seems interesting to me it'd be on the LSL first run out. Since from Boston it pretty much has to go back west on 449. They don't seem to want these units to be captive (which I'm definitely in favor of), and from Boston it either goes on 449, goes captive to Portland, or goes captive to New Haven. Surprised it didn't hit the CL like 145 did...

I don't think it can get to Boston...Amtrak status maps have shown for ages now a service disruption on 448/449. I expect the track's been damaged somewhere and the train can't get through. We've been having unbelievebly warm temps in the northeast for a week or so now, I'd bet there's been a washout somewhere. My bet is it goes down the Empire Corridor and then the NEC to Wilmington.

Thanks to Dutch's heads up, I made a trip across the lake today to catch 156 southbound. Photos are from Port Henry, NY.

IMGP4411_2.jpg

IMGP4411_2_2.jpg

IMGP4411_2_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Nice pics, thanks! :wub: Wish all could be redone to look like this, our engines on the Eagle usually look like they pulled Abraham Lincolns Funeral Train they are so faded and dirty! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice job.

Just two question though:

Why are there three locomotives on the LSL?

When is #156 coming down to Austin (Texas Eagle)?

Back