printman2000

Following Anniversary Engine #156

Seems interesting to me it'd be on the LSL first run out. Since from Boston it pretty much has to go back west on 449. They don't seem to want these units to be captive (which I'm definitely in favor of), and from Boston it either goes on 449, goes captive to Portland, or goes captive to New Haven. Surprised it didn't hit the CL like 145 did...

I think that they're working to get it to Wilmington - will a P42 fit through New York (I know they can't run it in the tunnels, but will it fit if towed)?

I think that they're working to get it to Wilmington - will a P42 fit through New York (I know they can't run it in the tunnels, but will it fit if towed)?

1) There's no actual law prohibiting diesels into NYP.

2) P42s have the exact same dimensions as the P32ACDM which runs into and out of NYP every day, so, yes it would fit.

Cool - that's what I thought, but it wasn't sure. If I were a betting man, I'd say that they'll bring it from Albany down through NYP and to Wilmington for the station dedication.

Currently leading #48(17) the Lake Shore Limited.

http://www.railpictu...d=357339&nseq=1 <-- At Cleveland. I always forget how lit up the area around the station is. No wonder I always wake up there going west.

interesting how it appears that the interior light is on on unit 169.

peter

Handsome paint job, but it'll never look as good on the angles of a P42 as it did on the sweet curves of the covered wagons (Es & Fs). I've heard that old logo called "headless arrow," "pointless arrow" and a chevron, and the current Aceloid one referred to as "three sheets to the wind."

It's not a mistake, it's a 10 second exposure, so the light looks a lot brighter than it actually is.

the light is on in second unit, I hope the engineer is in first unit

#156 is heading to Montreal on Maple Leaf today , return tomorrow

Edited by Dutchrailnut

Seems interesting to me it'd be on the LSL first run out. Since from Boston it pretty much has to go back west on 449. They don't seem to want these units to be captive (which I'm definitely in favor of), and from Boston it either goes on 449, goes captive to Portland, or goes captive to New Haven. Surprised it didn't hit the CL like 145 did...

I don't think it can get to Boston...Amtrak status maps have shown for ages now a service disruption on 448/449. I expect the track's been damaged somewhere and the train can't get through. We've been having unbelievebly warm temps in the northeast for a week or so now, I'd bet there's been a washout somewhere. My bet is it goes down the Empire Corridor and then the NEC to Wilmington.

Really? I couldn't figure out what that was in front of 169! :rolleyes:

So you're saying that the engineer has to drive the train from the locomotive that's in the FRONT???

Do you mean Toronto? Or is it on the Adirondack?

Do you mean Toronto? Or is it on the Adirondack?

its on Adirondack on its way to Montreal

Really? I couldn't figure out what that was in front of 169! :rolleyes:

So you're saying that the engineer has to drive the train from the locomotive that's in the FRONT???

read green maned lion's post ;-)

Thanks to Dutch's heads up, I made a trip across the lake today to catch 156 southbound. Photos are from Port Henry, NY.

IMGP4411_2.jpg

IMGP4411_2_2.jpg

IMGP4411_2_3.jpg

Edited by transit54

:hi: Nice pics, thanks! :wub: Wish all could be redone to look like this, our engines on the Eagle usually look like they pulled Abraham Lincolns Funeral Train they are so faded and dirty! :lol: Edited by jimhudson