I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAARGH!

Conductor
Well, after being on this site almost everyday for 2 years, I took a 4 - 5 month hiatus. But I am back!!!! The 'train' bug bit me again (see my March 2011 trip).

I don't have 999 hours to read all that has happened in the past 5 months... Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of what has gone on with Amtrak? Anything big like route changes, policy changes, etc...

I probably won't be on every day, but I will be around!

Thanks!

Well, after being on this site almost everyday for 2 years, I took a 4 - 5 month hiatus. But I am back!!!! The 'train' bug bit me again (see my March 2011 trip).

I don't have 999 hours to read all that has happened in the past 5 months... Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of what has gone on with Amtrak? Anything big like route changes, policy changes, etc...

Thanks!
Aloha

Welcome back, no cliff notes, but the Eric notes ... more of the same. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Nothing much, just that Amtrak has been disbanded, all their equipment ground down into scrap and used to fertilize the National Mall. :D

no nothing really. Amtrak released it's newest Anniversary P42 from BG a couple weeks ago:

166421_788813040484_30313288_40384065_2338263_n.jpg

peter

Amtrak is now owned by The_traveler and called the traveler railways. If you want a ride its 50,000 for one way coach and 500,000 for a roomette.They all feature hot tubs, wet bars, tv microwave, gas stove, gas water heaters, water beds, lava lamps, disco ball, 2000 inch flat screen tvs on the wall, and mirrors on the ceilings a select few have the beds where you put a quarter and the bed vibrates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtrak is now owned by The_traveler and called the traveler railways. If you want a ride its 50,000 for one way coach and 500,000 for a roomette.They all feature hot tubs, wet bars, tv microwave, gas stove, gas water heaters, water beds, lava lamps, disco ball, 2000 inch flat screen tvs on the wall, and mirrors on the ceilings a select few have the beds where you put a quarter and the bed vibrates.
Really?

Back