4 train articles in this weeks Cleveland Plain Dealer travel section

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAARGH!

Conductor
So I was looking at this weeks' Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper and there are four train-articles. Two are by the Plain Dealer and two are from the Orange County Register. I had to link to other sources for those beacuse it is not on the Plain Dealer's website. (The two from the OCR are from earlier this year, but I don't know if they got linked on AU or not.)

1- Southbound Odyssey: Leisurely train trip a fun adventure for a mom and kids (A trip report of a southbound Texas Eagle run with a mother and two small kids). Link here.

2- Luxury train to pass through Cleveland en route between Washington and Los Angeles (talking about the new American Railway Explorer "Train Cruise" service). Link here.

3- Riding the rails around the world (from the Orange County Register - a top 10 rail trips taken and top 10 wish list - both lists include foreign and domestic trains). Link here.

4- You Can Hop Off The Rails And Sleep In Style At These Grand Palaces (from the Orange County Register - listing 6 grand railway lodges). Link here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was looking at this weeks' Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper and there are four train-articles. Two are by the Plain Dealer and two are from the Orange County Register. I had to link to other sources for those beacuse it is not on the Plain Dealer's website. (The two from the OCR are from earlier this year, but I don't know if they got linked on AU or not.)

1- Southbound Odyssey: Leisurely train trip a fun adventure for a mom and kids (A trip report of a southbound Texas Eagle run with a mother and two small kids). Link here.

2- Luxury train to pass through Cleveland en route between Washington and Los Angeles (talking about the new American Railway Explorer "Train Cruise" service). Link here.

3- Riding the rails around the world (from the Orange County Register - a top 10 rail trips taken and top 10 wish list - both lists include foreign and domestic trains). Link here.

4- You Can Hop Off The Rails And Sleep In Style At These Grand Palaces (from the Orange County Register - listing 6 grand railway lodges). Link here.
Here is an update on the luxury train: http://www.luxist.com/2010/08/05/american-railway-explorer-ceases-plans-for-luxury-trains/

Here is an update on the luxury train: http://www.luxist.co...-luxury-trains/
Well I guess the Plain Dealer missed that the luxury train is on hold before they published the article. No surprise there.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back