5 days

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newby

5 days until our first ever excursion on Amtrak as we take the CZ from Illinois to Denver to spend a week in Winter Park, Co area. The kids (including me) are very excited and cannot wait to sit back and enjoy the journey. Any advise for first timers traveling with a 4 and 14 year old would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you going Coach or Sleeper? If you are going Coach, you may want to bring a small blanket & pillow for each of you, a small cooler with snacks or food, & some bring earplugs. A few small toys/coloring books for the 4 year old & a power strip for your notebook computer/cell phones. You could also bring some movies for the notebook, & some earphones.

If you are in a sleeper, you will not need the blankets/pillows. You can still bring a cooler if you want, but all your meals would be included in the sleeper price. There is a coffee station with coffee, juice & bottled water & ice in each sleeper, all free. There is also a shower available in the sleepers, too.

Have a great trip!!

5 days until our first ever excursion on Amtrak as we take the CZ from Illinois to Denver to spend a week in Winter Park, Co area. The kids (including me) are very excited and cannot wait to sit back and enjoy the journey. Any advise for first timers traveling with a 4 and 14 year old would be appreciated. Thanks.
Is there a specific reason you chose to travel by train just to Denver?
huh.gif
The best scenery on this route is between Denver and Winter Park (which is a stop
wink.gif
) - and most of this route is thru areas where there are no roads!
cool.gif

Many people (including myself) rate this as the most scenic route on Amtrak!
smile.gif

Our condo is in winter park. Could not get a rental car from Grandby so only option was get off in Denver and drive to winter park.

Is there a specific reason you chose to travel by train just to Denver?
huh.gif
The best scenery on this route is between Denver and Winter Park (which is a stop
wink.gif
) - and most of this route is thru areas where there are no roads!
cool.gif

Many people (including myself) rate this as the most scenic route on Amtrak!
smile.gif
Would you rate it even higher than the CS along the California coastline?

It's comparing apples with oranges, both are beautiful in their own way, the CS trip has better equipment (PPC) and OBS, the Mountain scenery makes up for what's lacking on the CZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back