Birthday Bonus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I searched for it, but couldn't find it.

I got an email today from AGR wishing me a happy birthday. I clicked the link and it had a nice interactive present I could open. Inside was 100 bonus points. I logged in and saw the 100 points posted as birthday bonus.

Anyone else get this?

No, probably because it's no one's birthday today!

However, I can say is this: You inputted your birthday on your "account information," right?

It's not required, and I never did, but now it's safe to say PUT IN YOUR BIRTHDAY in that spot so when the day comes they give you the present!

My birthday is in my profile, but I didn't get anything - from Amtrak :huh: Does this mean I didn't officially grow older or only that I missed some points?

Long Train Running & JayPea - are ya'll select or select plus? Could that be the difference?

My birthday is in my profile, but I didn't get anything - from Amtrak :huh: Does this mean I didn't officially grow older or only that I missed some points?
Long Train Running & JayPea - are ya'll select or select plus? Could that be the difference?
I am not select or select plus.

Not sure when your birthday is, but my real bday was on Sunday I got the email today.

It's a new thing that started with the new year, so unless your birthday fell in Jan, Feb, or the first days of March, then you won't have seen this bonus before. And you must have your birthday in your profile in order to get the bonus.

I believe that I've also seen one or two people that got 200 points, not sure if that is tied to status or if it's just a random thing.

Thanks for the heads up, I just went and checked if my birthday was in my profile, it is, which is good, since my birthday is this upcoming Monday the 22nd :) It is fun to have a few extra points to look forward to now that I know about it.

It's a new thing that started with the new year, so unless your birthday fell in Jan, Feb, or the first days of March, then you won't have seen this bonus before. And you must have your birthday in your profile in order to get the bonus.

Phew!!! That's a relief! I turned 50 last month and was worried that my memory was already beginning to fail!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My birthday is in December, so that explains it. Well that will be a nice, welcome gift.

Aloha

As I expect to be on an Amtrak train the day before and another train the Day after my Birthday, Do yo think the Birthday bonus will be tripled :rolleyes: :D :lol:

Aloha
As I expect to be on an Amtrak train the day before and another train the Day after my Birthday, Do yo think the Birthday bonus will be tripled :rolleyes: :D :lol:
Wouldn't that be nice? I was on a train for my birthday, which was in January; I got the 100 points (plus the points for the trip), but, sadly, nothing else. I'm happy with the 100 extra though....

Aloha
As I expect to be on an Amtrak train the day before and another train the Day after my Birthday, Do you think the Birthday bonus will be tripled :rolleyes: :D :lol:
Wouldn't that be nice? I was on a train for my birthday, which was in January; I got the 100 points (plus the points for the trip), but, sadly, nothing else. I'm happy with the 100 extra though....
Aloha

On this particular trip even without points I will be extremely happy, As My Granddaughter, Evan, will be sharing it with me, and it will include her first long distance trip in a sleeper. First north on the Coast Starlight from LA, then back to LA with more time and trains in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver BC.

Will be GREAT (said with Tony the Tiger Style :rolleyes: )

Happy Birthday!
I hit the big four-oh last month and received NOTHIN' from AGR. :(
Does your AGR profile have your full birth date listed? And make sure that your email didn't land in some spam folder too. It's not automatic, you have to click on a link in the email.

I suppose that maybe I've got it wrong too, and they just started with the new AGR year that started in March. But I thought that I saw a few people over at FlyerTalk mention that they had gotten the email for birthday's in Feb.

Happy Birthday!
I hit the big four-oh last month and received NOTHIN' from AGR. :(
Does your AGR profile have your full birth date listed? And make sure that your email didn't land in some spam folder too. It's not automatic, you have to click on a link in the email.

I suppose that maybe I've got it wrong too, and they just started with the new AGR year that started in March. But I thought that I saw a few people over at FlyerTalk mention that they had gotten the email for birthday's in Feb.

My birthday was on the 27th of February and I got the 100 points. I wish it had been 10,000, :lol: but any points are nice.

i never got birthday points that i know of. my birthday was last January and nothing posted that i know of no emails either that i know off. I delete most of the AGR emails anyway without looking but you think it would say happy birthday in the subject line.

i never got birthday points that i know of. my birthday was last January and nothing posted that i know of no emails either that i know off. I delete most of the AGR emails anyway without looking but you think it would say happy birthday in the subject line.
Well again, I'm not real sure if they started the practice in January or February. However, if you deleted the email, then you are definately out of luck. The points aren't automatic, you must click the link inside the email to get the points.

So in the future, may I sugest that you be a bit more careful with those AGR emails? You never know what you might find inside. :)

Since you can edit your birthday in your account, I wonder if they have some protection from someone changing their birth date and getting the bonus points over and over. Not that I would do that, but it made me think of it as I was putting in my birthday.

I believe that I've also seen one or two people that got 200 points, not sure if that is tied to status or if it's just a random thing.
I wonder if it relates to something else? I recently received 500 points for my birthday bonus:

04/04/2010 Bonus Birthday Bonus 500

But the "gift box" that I opened only said I got 100! Not that I am complaining... :lol:

I wonder if it relates to something else? I recently received 500 points for my birthday bonus:

04/04/2010 Bonus Birthday Bonus 500

But the "gift box" that I opened only said I got 100! Not that I am complaining... :lol:
Are you realllllly old? :unsure: :unsure: :huh: ;) :cool: :) :lol:

Just kidding.

Back