Best Bedroom on a Superliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had your choice would it be A, B, C, D, or E??
Why?
Usually E. Never A. Good layout and close to stairs to get access to extra luggage downstairs. Away from the doors at the end of the sleeper that open and shut constantly and loudly. Close to ice and coffee/juice.

I vote E as well. No neighbors on one side, more privacy, better ride (closer to the center of the car).
I agree with the one neighbor benefit except for early morning, when you have lots of "neighbors" chatting it up at the coffee machine. LOL.

Why?
Include me in the E club for the above stated reasons! Second choice is C because the bed/couch faces the same way as E and if the bedrooms are @ the front when the sleeper is hooked up you get to ride facing forward! As has been said, A is last choice, Id as soon pay for a roomette as have A but thats just me! ;) IINM I read on this site that the A bedroom is always the last sold so it's by definition high bucket?A couple of times the SCA has been using the A bedroom on trains Ive been on, also the family room seems to get use from the OBS too when not occupied!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?
Include me in the E club for the above stated reasons! Second choice is C because the bed/couch faces the same way as E and if the bedrooms are @ the front when the sleeper is hooked up you get to ride facing forward! As has been said, A is last choice, Id as soon pay for a roomette as have A but thats just me! ;)
And what really makes me mad is getting stuck paying high bucket for an A room on a long multi-day trip. :angry:

E & D. Closer to the coffee, etc. Same as everyone else. Don't mind the hallway chat, we were in the middle of it instead of in our room. One of the Conductors told us that E is the biggest, I haven't measured to see though. Didn't mind the hallway traffic, either. Most of the time it was pretty quiet.

"A" should be turned into the attendant room/storage area. That would free up a more affordable, and likely more sale-able, roomette.

The BEST bedroom is one the one I am in on a AGR ticket !!!!!!

"A" should be turned into the attendant room/storage area. That would free up a more affordable, and likely more sale-able, roomette.
The BEST bedroom is one the one I am in on a AGR ticket !!!!!!

I would not go that far. I would still take an A room with its shower and larger bed (hopefully at low bucket) over any roomette.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I just got AGR tickets for a trip - 11 months from now. They put me in the E bedroom. I was concerned about noise in the morning around the coffee pot, but if folks are getting coffee it is probably time for me to get up, get breakfast and go to the sightseer car :D

I have another observation not mentioned. A is above or very close to the black (toilet) water holding tank. 10 years ago, my wife and I were in A on the CONO when the tank overflowed. Thankfully D was available and the SCA moved us.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I just got AGR tickets for a trip - 11 months from now. They put me in the E bedroom. I was concerned about noise in the morning around the coffee pot, but if folks are getting coffee it is probably time for me to get up, get breakfast and go to the sightseer car :D
Uusually the coffee crowd is reasonably quiet before 7:00.

Go for E, best seat and bed in the house. By the time I climb the stairs I am ready to fall into the first bedroom I come to.
Oh, now I am really excited. For my 8-train journey in May:

CONO: Bedroom E

SWC: Bedroom E

Coast Starlight: Bedroom E

San Joaquin: Coach

Pacific Surfliner: Business Class

Texas Eagle: Bedroom D

Cardinal: Bedroom B (Viewliner)

Crescent: Bedroom B (Viewliner)

Woo Hoo!

The best bedroom is the one I'm in! :lol: The worst bedroom (especially for 2) is bedroom A. :eek:

But I had Bedroom A on #27 going to PDX. Because the PDX sleeper is the last car after MSP, and it was roomettes first, the railfan's window was 10 feet from my door! :D That made up for some of the bad!

The best by far is Bedroom E!

Are D & E the only bedrooms that have the sliding door that open up into a Suite? Or do B & C do that too?

Any that is not Bedrrom A

We've ridden in E most of the time but have stayed in C and D also. Our favorite is E (what else is new?) and we usually get that room as we book months in advance. All bedrooms except A have exactly the same layout or a mirror image of it. As pointed out E is near the center vestibule of the sleeper, where the coffee, water and ice are located and its possible that you might hear some chat in that area but we haven't experienced any undue noise so far. We limit our train travel to about 1200 miles so that all of our trips are just 1 overnight. I don't know what life on a train for three days is like but if you have a laptop with a connect card, and some DVD movies (don't forget the speakers) , the evening hours in your room will be more enjoyable.

Viewliner bedroom B is better than A, being more towards the center of the car. Viewliner room H (handicap) is the absolute worst being directly over the truck bolster.

On less than perfect trackage, the truck bolster below H will slam the car against the truck stops, both horizontally and vertically. We had our meals in the room due to our handicap, and the trays were slung off our suitcases or our laps on several occasions. Also sleeping was no fun. This was on the Crescent over NS trackage, worse between NOL and ATL, and only slightly better between ATL and WAS.

i got the last sleeper car for my trip. they put me in room A. Now I'm nervous. :huh:

Back