amtrak on twitter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amamba

Engineer
So I was looking at twitter today and there are several "amtrak" type feeds that come up when I search for amtrak. Does anyone know if there is an official one for the entire system or for the NEC? Thanks much.

I see a downeaster one and a surfliner one that look fairly official, btw.

Amtrak doesn't have an official twitter feed. Some of the state sponsored routes do, but so far there is nothing that tracks all the trains, and there status.

I don't know about Twitter, but I do know there is one on Facebook! Currently, you can get a free 100 AGR poinrs! :cool: (There's a thread about it!)
Thank you very much, I already got those points :)

I decided to follow amtrakvacations and the downeaster one. Thanks again. :cool:

I don't know about Twitter, but I do know there is one on Facebook! Currently, you can get a free 100 AGR poinrs! :cool: (There's a thread about it!)
Thank you very much, I already got those points :)

I decided to follow amtrakvacations and the downeaster one. Thanks again. :cool:
Have the points posted to your account yet?
The promotion says they will post by Feb. 22, so I suspect they will post on Feb. 21 :lol:

Here is the link to the public facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/Amtrak
Over 10,000 fans so far.

Someone at Amtrak appears to monitor the posts; I've had a few "thank you" type replies to bits of info I've given people there.

They don't seem to reply to questions such as "why isn't there an LA to Vegas train" but I suspect the person who is monitoring the thing doesn't have the authority to make official statements on behalf of Amtrak about that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back