Meals on the eastbound CL to WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_traveler

Engineer
Many know that the eastbound CL to WAS serves a "brunch". But I have read many reports that say things like

... we slept late until 10 ...
or

... I had snacks in the WAS Club Acela for my lunch ...
I just want to make everyone aware of the meal situation on the CL that day. And it is unique to only the eastbound CL!

A sleeper passenger is entitled to TWO meals that morning! (For example, you could have the first at 6:30 and the second at 10:30!) And unique to the CL, you order ANY item off the breakfast or lunch menu at ANY time during the abbreviated meal time. (I could be wrong about these times, but I think it runs like from 6:30 to 11:30.) Thus, you could have

• eggs at 6:30, burger at 10:30
  • cereal at 7, french toast at 11
  • sandwich at 8, burger at 10
There is no need to skip lunch - if you don't want to! You are entitled to receive that meal with your sleeper fare!

Thanks for the reminder Traveler! I have an AGR trip mid March on the EB CL and I had forgotten about the brunch. It's been awhile since I've headed East on the CL. The forum comes through again!

Many know that the eastbound CL to WAS serves a "brunch". But I have read many reports that say things like
or

I just want to make everyone aware of the meal situation on the CL that day. And it is unique to only the eastbound CL!

A sleeper passenger is entitled to TWO meals that morning! (For example, you could have the first at 6:30 and the second at 10:30!) And unique to the CL, you order ANY item off the breakfast or lunch menu at ANY time during the abbreviated meal time. (I could be wrong about these times, but I think it runs like from 6:30 to 11:30.) Thus, you could have

There is no need to skip lunch - if you don't want to! You are entitled to receive that meal with your sleeper fare!
If I board at Cleveland eastbound would they serve breakfast before Chicago?

or

If you board an eastbound train at Cleveland, you'll never get to Chicago, at least not without backtracking.

However, if you meant westbound, then yes you'll get breakfast into Chicago.

or

Stuck on stupid. Meant westbound. :)

If you board an eastbound train at Cleveland, you'll never get to Chicago, at least not without backtracking.

However, if you meant westbound, then yes you'll get breakfast into Chicago.
Westbound. Stuck on stupid again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back