My kitbashed phase IVb Amfleet I

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the three sheets logo decals? That's what's been stopping me from making phase 4b Superliners.

-Firebert

Viewliner said:
Chances are he had either a decal printer/software or had them custom produced, I'd love to get my hands on a set or two.
You're correct!

Thanks Guys!

The decals were custom made as I did not have white ink for all the markings including the three sheets logo.

To get the correct shade of blue I used Badgers Model Railroad paint and the base color I used was D&H Blue. I added dabs of Penn Central Green and CSX Blue to darken the shade of blue a bit. The color came out just right.

All I had to do was purchase a few phase IV Amfleet Is and strip the cars of thier window sets. I didn't bother taking out the windows in the vestibules or the glass located adjacent to the vestibule as the masking tape would cover them. I think covered the red and white stripes with masking tape along with the bottom edge of the blue band across the windows. I masked the car appropriately and appied the paint. 5 of the 6 cars were painted with the use of an airbrush. I am still new to using an airbrush but this is the most successfull that I have completed using an airbrush. Luckily my paint supply didn't run out when I painted the 5 cars so the shade of blue was consistant with no kind of variation. Only the first car I painted which was by hand has a different shade of blue.

The decals were curtousy of GMC rail which does custom decals. The decals are great quality and they work with you to assure you get exactly what you want.

The red stripes were from the Highball Graphics Acela Regional Coachclass decal set.

Back