Sunset LTD annulled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Train 2(06AUG), Los Angeles-Orlando and Train 422(06AUG), Los

Angeles-San Antonio

Train 1(08AUG), Orlando-Los Angeles and Train 421(08AUG) San Antonio-Los

Angeles.

There is NO alternate transportation being offered.

The next Sunset Limited trains are now scheduled to depart Los Angeles

on 08AUG04; and Orlando on 10AUG04

Somehow, I don't see this impacting the OTP for this train...

BNSF_1088 said:
Train 2(06AUG), Los Angeles-Orlando and Train 422(06AUG), LosAngeles-San Antonio

Train 1(08AUG), Orlando-Los Angeles and Train 421(08AUG) San Antonio-Los

Angeles.

There is NO alternate transportation being offered.
Aloha

Anyone know why. :blink: :angry: <_<

The "SUNRISE LIMITED" will ride again!!!!! :lol: :D

ANd the "Meatball" Express and the "Silver Snail" will prevail!!!!! :lol:

What's really sad is that based on sunset's average otp offset (lateness) you can go los angeles-chicago-[wash, nyp, or phl]-orl about as quick (or even more quickly) as you can just taking sunset directly. THAT really says volumes about how slow sunset's average trip travel speed must be.

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
The "SUNRISE LIMITED" will ride again!!!!! :lol:   :D ANd the "Meatball" Express and the "Silver Snail" will prevail!!!!! :lol:
Sunrise? "Meatball" Express? "Silver Snail"? There's no such these words on Amtrak.

-acelaexpress

acelaexpress said:
Amtrak OBS Employee said:
The "SUNRISE LIMITED" will ride again!!!!! :lol:   :D ANd the "Meatball" Express and the "Silver Snail" will prevail!!!!! :lol:
Sunrise? "Meatball" Express? "Silver Snail"? There's no such these words on Amtrak.

-acelaexpress
Ahhhh, but you are mistaken! Out here on the railroad (at least in OBS) we tend to "nickname" everything. We sometimes give fellow coworkers nicknames as well as some trains are given nicknames!!! But of course those are not real train names!!! C-mon now, ever job has its little inside amongst the employees fun!!! :D

Don't forget city names. Tacoami, Hollyweird, Hickachobee, Kissme, Manford, Duhland, Fakeland. :lol: :D

battalion51 said:
Don't forget city names. Tacoami, Hollyweird, Hickachobee, Kissme, Manford, Duhland, Fakeland. :lol: :D
Local nicknames down there or ones workers came up with for the stops?

And you guys down there have a nice sense of humor, we don't have any for ours up in Boston :p

battalion51 said:
:lol: Some of those names acttualy sound how alot of people pronounce them.

battalion51 said:
Don't forget city names. Tacoami, Hollyweird, Hickachobee, Kissme, Manford, Duhland, Fakeland.   :lol:   :D

Battalion, isn't there a nickname for Fort Lauderdale, which you have shared with us before?

Bill Haithcoat said:
battalion51 said:
Don't forget city names. Tacoami, Hollyweird, Hickachobee, Kissme, Manford, Duhland, Fakeland.   :lol:   :D

Battalion, isn't there a nickname for Fort Lauderdale, which you have shared with us before?
I would have to say it is probably "Fort Liquordale" I have partied there many a day!!! Am I correct battalion51? :lol:

Yeah, I was avoiding the actual one for Ft. Lauderdale, and a few others due to semi-innapropriate nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back