See Historical Rail Vids FREE!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
This is great stuff!!

A collection of 16 historical railroad-related streaming videos ranging between 26 seconds and 96 minutes long, and dated from 1896 to 1993. Several of the videos are old corporate films from "fallen flags" (railroads which no longer exist), including Monon, New York Central, Rock Island, and Southern Pacific.

Also a number of old silents, most prominent of which is Buster Keaton's Civil War railroad classic "The General."

Unless you have WAY too much time on your hands this is a website you'll wanna save and return to at your leisure, cuz there's about 5.5 hours of video fun with railroad history here.

Have Fun With History

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great stuff!!
A collection of 16 historical railroad-related streaming videos ranging between 26 seconds and 96 minutes long, and dated from 1896 to 1993. Several of the videos are old corporate films from "fallen flags" (railroads which no longer exist), including Monon, New York Central, Rock Island, and Southern Pacific.

Also a number of old silents, most prominent of which is Buster Keaton's Civil War railroad classic "The General."

Unless you have WAY too much time on your hands this is a website you'll wanna save and return to at your leisure, cuz there's about 5.5 hours of video fun with railroad history here.

Have Fun With History
I took a few minutes to watch the first one and what caught my interest (in addition to the engine and train itself) was the Indian Motorcycle. Indian has once again started to produce motorcycles in North Carolina and my company supplies handlebars, engine gaurds and other parts to them. This was interesting from my point of view!

Yesterday I watched "The Big Train," a New York Central company film. Very interesting overall, and I what I found particularly noteworthy was the part at the end where the guy discusses issues that faced railroads at the time. Little in these areas has changed since 1950.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back