Clowns, Bozos, Or What?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You Prefer To Be Referred To As A Clown?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe So

• Total voters

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
In a recent blizzard of communication with the AU mucky-mucks, it was pointed out to me that I have a habit of referring to people as "clowns." Most folks don't seem to mind, but apparently some do. So I leave it to this poll, and promise that no matter the result I'll continue to do as I please. :D

EDIT: A public Thank You to AlanB and Anthony for setting up my new avatar. Thanks, guys! I was having trouble doing it myself, so ran to them for help. I hope everybody realizes, as I continue to learn, what fine and knowledgeable people we have at the top of the AU ladder. The best!

Last edited by a moderator:
In a recent blizzard of communication with the AU mucky-mucks, it was pointed out to me that I have a habit of referring to people as "clowns." Most folks don't seem to mind, but apparently some do. So I leave it to this poll, and promise that no matter the result I'll continue to do as I please. :D

This has to be the craziest poll of all time on here lol but I have placed my input lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bozo also a clown, as in "Bozo the Clown". Is this not a choice between "clown" in the generic sense, and a specific clown? Sounds like we have a clown - clown choice.

In my case, I would gladly accept the description "clod", " numb skull", "knuckle head", or even "dim wit". At least those are repeatable in mixed company (not all descriptions of me are). Or, maybe once a bum, you're always a bum! (That last one reminds me of an old joke that, quite definitely, cannot be repeated here - but with the proper amount of alcohol first, is quite funny.)

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
But aren't we all? :huh: AU wouldn't be the same if we were not! :D
And I agree that those at the top are the best and are "on the right track"! :) (Pun intended!)
Hi - I just noted your avatar -- Pacific Electric -- are you referring to the PE's that were used in the Steven's Pass tunnel? I live virtually next door! Are we neighbors? I put a reference to the Wellington avalanche in my profile, but I had concluded that either no one read it, or no one figured out the clue :>) -- Happy Holidays - I will be riding the rails to Yuma & back

Want to Ride

And I agree that those at the top are the best and are "on the right track"! :) (Pun intended!)
Hi - I just noted your avatar -- Pacific Electric -- are you referring to the PE's that were used in the Steven's Pass tunnel? I live virtually next door! Are we neighbors? I put a reference to the Wellington avalanche in my profile, but I had concluded that either no one read it, or no one figured out the clue :>) -- Happy Holidays - I will be riding the rails to Yuma & back

Want to Ride
Somewhat confusing post, but then I'm easily confused.

To hopefully clarify, wanttoride, you can read about the Pacific Electric of my new avatar at this Wikipedia page:

Pacific Electric Railway

That's just for starters. Plenty of P.E. stuff online, including the external links at the bottom of the Wikipedia entry. Top three pics of trains shown there were taken at "my" museum: Orange Empire Railway Museum, at Perris, California. P.E. 1299, second photo, is the sole survivor of the 1200 class of P.E. interurbans; very fast. Not in running condition, but currently undergoing restoration. The electric locomotive in the 3rd photo is commonly called a "juice jack," but the term I use is "juice hog." Major electricity drain.

Wikipedia is fairly accurate and informative, but just a starting point for learning about what was once the largest (geographically) transit system in North America.

Look into it!

For our guests, the latest results:

Would you prefer to be referred to as a clown?

Yes: 38.46%

No: 38.46%

Maybe So: 23.08%

Would you prefer to be referred to as a Bozo?

No: 46.15%

Yes: 38.46%

I must confess: 15.38%

Or What

Whooz is a jerk: 13.33%

Whooz is a lame-oh: 26.67%

Whooz is a lame-oh jerk: A whopping 60 percent. Thanks folks. :D

Whooz is a lame-oh jerk: A whopping 60 percent. Thanks folks. :D
Never ask the question that you might not like the answer to......... :lol:
I knew the answer; just seeking a numerical confirmation of a foregone conclusion.

Hey, Limey friend, thinking about joining us at Boston?
Its a fair possibility. Still a long way off yet, not one for planning trips 11 months in advance. More a last minute kind of guy!

Its a fair possibility. Still a long way off yet, not one for planning trips 11 months in advance. More a last minute kind of guy!
I'm raising the bar. No Limeys allowed unless they bring Mallard along, don't care how. Let's see what it can do on the NEC.

For those who might be wondering, Mallard has held the world speed record for steam since 1938 (126 mph).

Mallard Record

I know this is Amtrak Unlimited, but you just can't ignore this kinda stuff, or the questions that arise. Could an Acela beat Mallard in the long run? I think the Acela would have the edge in timekeeping, but in terms of pure speed, say between New York and D.C. which locomotive would win?

I know this is Amtrak Unlimited, but you just can't ignore this kinda stuff, or the questions that arise. Could an Acela beat Mallard in the long run? I think the Acela would have the edge in timekeeping, but in terms of pure speed, say between New York and D.C. which locomotive would win?
Electric would win hands down, acceleration is light years better and moving the Acela power handle produces instant results and don't rely on a bloke with a spade throwing coal on the fire...

The Mallard record was on a lightweight test train running downhill and it only reached 126 for a few moments. By the time it got to Peterborough it was broken....

Electric would win hands down, acceleration is light years better and moving the Acela power handle produces instant results and don't rely on a bloke with a spade throwing coal on the fire...

The Mallard record was on a lightweight test train running downhill and it only reached 126 for a few moments. By the time it got to Peterborough it was broken....
Aloha

I totally agree an electric would win hands down. And thought the Mallard is a beautiful example of "The Iron Horse" it would wreck havoc on the track from the pounding of the counterweights while needing tons of water. Same downfall of the Steam turbine.

Want to Ride
Somewhat confusing post, but then I'm easily confused.

To hopefully clarify, wanttoride, you can read about the Pacific Electric of my new avatar at this Wikipedia page:

Pacific Electric Railway

That's just for starters. Plenty of P.E. stuff online, including the external links at the bottom of the Wikipedia entry. Top three pics of trains shown there were taken at "my" museum: Orange Empire Railway Museum, at Perris, California. P.E. 1299, second photo, is the sole survivor of the 1200 class of P.E. interurbans; very fast. Not in running condition, but currently undergoing restoration. The electric locomotive in the 3rd photo is commonly called a "juice jack," but the term I use is "juice hog." Major electricity drain.

Wikipedia is fairly accurate and informative, but just a starting point for learning about what was once the largest (geographically) transit system in North America.

Look into it!
Hi Again - Sorry I wasn't more succinct & yes I tend to confuse and be confused, I chalk it up to part of my charm --ROFLMAO. Perris - I wonder if I'll be going through there on my trip next week - will check that & the Wikipedia info if I have time before departure - we are due for 70 mph winds tomorrow night & I have a quilt top to finish putting together before the power fails. Thanks for your reply, WTR

I don't sue bands when they use my samples, so I'd rather not be called a Bozo.

As for being called a clown...I have no problem with scaring children and giving them nightmares that last into adulthood, so if the oversized shoe fits...

Never ask the question that you might not like the answer to.........
I donno. There are plenty of difficult situations where asking questions which have less than ideal answers still ends up enabling a better decision about the overall situation
I think what you mean to say is the Whooz knows he is a clown but he just didn't know how much of a clown he actually is..... :lol: :lol:

Never ask the question that you might not like the answer to.........
I donno. There are plenty of difficult situations where asking questions which have less than ideal answers still ends up enabling a better decision about the overall situation
I think what you mean to say is the Whooz knows he is a clown but he just didn't know how much of a clown he actually is..... :lol: :lol:
The level depends on whether he is wearing the Fez or not :lol: :lol:

Back