The Goodbye Miles Club

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
Will frequent flier miles become a thing of the past as airlines look for continued ways to cut their losses?

Full story is HERE.

With it getting so hard to redeem them (unless you want to pay the double price), I am MUCH more interested now in earning AGR points. I have 250,000+ miles with both United and Delta (and all together over 650,000 FFP), but I think it is worth more to travel on Amtrak.

In fact I dropped all my FFP earning credit cards (which charge an annual fee) and got the AGR credit card (with no annual fee)! :)

Oh sure, it I go to Hawaii or Europe, I'd fly. Or if I had to be across the country "yesterday", I'd fly. But if I have the time, I'll take Amtrak! B)

I think airline miles will still be around. You'll just never get to use them :) AGR is about the best program around I think. Its not hard to earn points, and to redeem, all there has to be is a seat or room available, and that space is yours.(Except for the blackout dates) Makes last minute trips easy to plan. I just redeemed points to get a bedroom for me and my mom from ABQ to SEA and took the last one available. Probably would have cost $1500 or even $2000 I bet.

Back