Silver Service Sunday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
This board currently has two members who are out riding on Amtrak's Silver Service today. One is Kevin Korell (aka. Superliner Diner), the other is Viewliner.

Since they were both traveling at the same time, Viewliner and Kevin exchanged cell phone numbers and have maintained contact with each other while on board. Kevin has also maintained contact with me, via text messaging.

Viewliner was on the Silver Meteor that arrived this morning, he and his family got off in Newark, NJ. Kevin is on the Silver Star and is due into Philly later this afternoon.

Kevin tells me that Viewliner's train got in 28 minutes early. Unfortunately one of his family's bags didn't. They are hoping that the bag is actually on Kevin's Silver Meteor.

Kevin's last report had his train passing the Lorton Auto Train terminal, with train in station, at 10:50 AM.

Just to follow up, we managed to get the bags a little while ago. Apparantly, they were unloaded in BAL or PHL and had to come up on 20. I'll try post my trip report later today.

First, I hope VIewliner's bag is found.

As to two members traveling on the same day, there was a day last August when Amfleet and I were on the N.E. corrider at the same time. I was leavng Boston about 1 p.m. on an Acela to NY and Amfleet had been on an earlier train, boarding at a stop south of Boston, to connect with the Capital Limited, I believe. Anyway, it was the same day within hours of each other.

Well, Viewliner, looks like you and I were posting at about the same time................so your bag got picked up on 20, heh?............that 20 is a good train...........I ought to know :lol: :D :lol: :D

Guess you are feeling much better about things by now.

Kevin tells me that Viewliner's train got in 28 minutes early. Unfortunately one of his family's bags didn't. They are hoping that the bag is actually on Kevin's Silver Meteor.
Alan, Kevin actualy had the power to change the name of his train from the Silver Star to the Silver Meteor. Talk about a hardcore railfan! :lol: B)

As to two members traveling on the same day, there was a day last August when Amfleet and I were on the N.E. corrider at the same time. I was leavng Boston about 1 p.m. on an Acela to NY and Amfleet had been on an earlier train, boarding at a stop south of Boston, to connect with the Capital Limited, I believe.
Bill, yes this is quite true. I left that morning on Regional #95 from Providence to Washington to change to the Capitol Limited #29 to Chicago. B)

Amfleet said:
Alan, Kevin actualy had the power to change the name of his train from the Silver Star to the Silver Meteor. Talk about a hardcore railfan! :lol: B)
Oops, my bad. :eek:

You're right Kevin was on the Star, while Viewliner was on the Meteor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back