Virtual Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
For about a year now I've been fooling around with Microsoft Train Simulator and though its not the real thing it is pretty neat. I took some screen shots and thought you guys might be interested. B) Here they are:

Amtrak #1, the Sunset Limited, departs Winter Park, FL continuing on to Los Angeles, July 5, 2000

sunset.JPG

Amtrak's Silver Star #91 passes through Folkston, GA on a clear Spring morning, April 23, 1993

f40.JPG

Acela Express #2211 passes through Bowie, MD on a cool fall sunday afternoon, October 21, 2002

acela1.JPG

Things looking pretty quiet in First Class

acela2.JPG

Check out the cab

acela3.JPG

What do you think. :D

Great pictures! That has to be one of the best features of the game. BTW, where did you get the Acela interior? It isn't the "stock" interior, is it?

MSTS has to be one of the greatest simulations out there. I spend way too much time running up and down the Marias Pass, especially driving #7 and #8. That'll probably be as close as I'll come to the real thing, so I enjoy it all the more!

BTW, where did you get the Acela interior? It isn't the "stock" interior, is it?
It's actually part of a whole new Acela trainset someone made up since the default was pretty crudy. You can download the new Acela at www.train-sim.com in the file library. B)

Amfleet said:
BTW, where did you get the Acela interior? It isn't the "stock" interior, is it?
It's actually part of a whole new Acela trainset someone made up since the default was pretty crudy. You can download the new Acela at www.train-sim.com in the file library. B)
Nice, I think I'll do the same to my train simulator game when I get some free time, which'll be once I finish my website. :)

You can also download many various routes, passenger cars, locomotives, etc. If you need any help putting downloaded files into correct folders I'll be glad to help you with that. It can be tricky at first. :)

When I was home using my parents cable modem I downloaded a number of things from train sim. When I go back I'll put it all on CD ROM and bring it back to my home machine.

Question for all the train simmers here how much space on your hard drive does all of the downloaded extras take up?

Amfleet said:
You can also download many various routes, passenger cars, locomotives, etc. If you need any help putting downloaded files into correct folders I'll be glad to help you with that. It can be tricky at first. :)
I did a few downloads previously, and most provide detailed info on where to put it anyway, but thanks for the offer. :)

tp49 said:
Question for all the train simmers here how much space on your hard drive does all of the downloaded extras take up?
Before I rebuilt my computer and installed WinXP, I had over 5 GB of downloaded routes, engines, etc. That kind of ate up my 20 GB drive!

Just curious to which routes you guys have? My are:

Northeast Corridor (default)

Marias Pass (default)

CSX-SCL A-Line (beta)

CSX Florida Funnel

Ohio Rail

Illinois Central (beta)

Blue Ridge (beta)

Seattle

Full Bucket

That's about it I think. I'm waiting for the "new" Northeast Corridor to come out, a finished A-Line, and the Florida East Coast Route. B)

I had problems with the pictures when I first tried to look at them. To see them just put your mouse on the red X and right click. Go to Properties and copy the URL of the pic, open a new window and paste the URL in the address bar and you will be able to view them.

I think it has something to do with posting pictures over from geocities. I know Viewliner was having similar problems. I don't think there's anything else I can do, but use tp49's suggestion. Sorry. :( B)

Amfleet said:
I think it has something to do with posting pictures over from geocities. I know Viewliner was having similar problems. I don't think there's anything else I can do, but use tp49's suggestion. Sorry. :(  B)
Suggestion, transfer those photos to your trainweb site, which'll take no time, then use those URL's then you'll have no problems.

Observe.

Photo at Geocities

abr8552.jpg

Same Photo only at Trainweb

abr8552.jpg

Also, how do I view my screen shots on Train Simulator?

Also FYI, with all of my photos, you may need to request more space from Trainweb eventually. :)

Amfleet said:
Just curious to which routes you guys have?
Right now, I haven't reinstalled all the routes I had, but I currently have all default routes and Marias Pass v. 3.

Once the network (finally) gets installed in my room, I hope to download and install the newest version of the Illinois Central, plus the Ohio Rail (I think that's what it's called) and Port Ogden & Northern v. 6 when it comes out.

Viewliner said:
Also, how do I view my screen shots on Train Simulator?
If you're asking where they end up, they become .PCX files within the Train Simulator directory. They'll have a strange name like "scrgrb00.pcx" or something like that.

Amfleet said:
Yes, that's on the real station too. B) Most of the route though is wrong. Microsoft left out Ivy City in DC!!!! :blink:
Theres a track 1 (inaccesible) when it no longer exists, as it is now part of the Washington Metro. B)

Has someone actually made the whole Sunset Limited route for TrainSim?!

great pics man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

coach 333344441111133335555555555555555555555555555

ok im going kooky :rolleyes: :blink: :unsure: :D :lol:

Has someone actually made the whole Sunset Limited route for TrainSim?
No, and that most definetly will not happen. Route building is a difficult art and can take a year just to build 200 miles. It takes a lot of research and costom building to get it right. Currently, the only actual piece of MSTS route the Sunset runs on is on the CSX-SCL A-Line which runs from Tampa to Orlando to 10 miles north of Sanford. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back