Name change request on Guest Rewards Card

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everydaymatters

Engineer
I just sent in a request to Amtrak that they send me a new card with my legal name on it. My legal name is Elizabeth, which is the name on my passport, driver's license and any important documents. My name on the AGR card is Betty, which is a nickname.

I'm hoping that I don't have to start out as a new member in order to use my legal name. Will I?????

Betty

Betty,

I don't think that you'll need to start over. However, why didn't you just go to your online profile and change your first name? I think that would have done it, and with the new cards about to be mailed you might have still gotten the request done in time.

New cards about to be mailed? Is that why I haven't gotten my AGR card yet even though I registered for it in early december?

New cards about to be mailed? Is that why I haven't gotten my AGR card yet even though I registered for it in early december?
Yup, that would be the reason. Even though you qualify for status on a calendar year, the card is valid from March 1st thru February of the following year. So typically AGR mails out the new kits during the month of February such that everyone gets their cards before the old ones expire.

In the case of new registrants or those who qualify for upgraded status, if it's before October/November, then they usually will mail you a new card. After that point they generally don't bother and just wait for the mass mailing in Feb.

At your suggestion I went to the AGR site, which I don't recall every visiting before. It wouldn't let me change my name. I sent a message to them through Amtrak.com and now through their site. I don't know what else I can do.

Betty

At your suggestion I went to the AGR site, which I don't recall every visiting before. It wouldn't let me change my name. I sent a message to them through Amtrak.com and now through their site. I don't know what else I can do.
Betty
I think you have to call the AGR service center to get that change made. 1.800.307.5000; 8am to 8pm, Monday through Friday.

Back