Amtrak travel surveys

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stlouielady

Lead Service Attendant
Hi everyone. I got a pleasant surprise in the mail the other day; an affidavit to fill out to claim an Amtrak travel voucher worth $500!! I filled out a survey after my last trip, was entered into the sweepstakes drawing, and, lo and behold, I WON!! I'm so excited, and, well, a little shocked :eek: , because I NEVER win anything....WOOHOO, my lucky day!!

So, just a reminder, fill out a travel survey, and you could win too.

I wasn't sure whether to start this topic here, or in the rail travel section, so, if the moderators want/need to move it, please do so...

Congrats St. Louie Lady! I think me and Husker mom registered for that TV show thing that they had on the home page until October 17th. (sumthin' about Earl) We registered everyday for like 2 months and well....we didn't win! :angry: Have fun!!!!!

Al

I finally got the travel voucher in the mail yesterday, good for one year. I have to book all the travel at once, and whatever is left over from the voucher is lost. So, I'm now in the planning mode for a trip. I haven't made up my mind where I'm headed to yet, but, I'll keep everyone posted. I'm open to any and all suggestions for a week long trip from St Louis to, well, just about anywhere!

Duh! See ya in LA for the Gathering II! :lol: I just checked sleeper accomdations for the trip to LA and I think it would be cheaper to buy my own Amtrak train then pay what Amtrak is wanting to charge me for a roomette. What gives? Its 9 months out and most of the stuff is sold out or outrageously priced. Is this something the "rail tours" folks are booking up?

Al

We were told by our sleeping car attendant on the SWC last week that a large group of British tourists were booking up many western trains for the summer and that rooms may be at a premium because of this. Glad we booked our SWC and other trips for summer already. Still able to get a $200 roomette on the Empire Builder, SEA -CHI, for June 2. Such a deal :eek:

Back