Using "Report" function

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakCrescent20

Service Attendant
(I'm not sure if this is the right forum in which to post this--should it be in the site improvements section?)

Anyway, I've been wondering for a while if the "report" button at the bottom of every post should be used to alert a moderator to a spam post. Is it only for offensive material, or should I report any post that's jibberish or spam etc.?

The report button can indeed be used to report spam, jibberish, or even mean posts by one person against another.

Now that said, most of the spam does get caught by our filters. It's usually only when a spammer doesn't actually know how to do things right, that you'll see a spam post. In that case, if you know that none of the mods are online (and it's easy to check that at the bottom of the home page), then by all means click the report button and we'll all get an email telling us about the problem.

Hopefully one or more of us will actually still be near our computers and will see the email, but even if we're not, we will eventually get it and get the nonsense pulled down.

Back