Report on Ohio

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_GG-1_*

Aloha

Using the Office computer against rules but Our news report painted a real bad picture of Ohio a few minutes ago. Is everyone OK? I hope so and will pray for you.

Until I can get on my own machine, Aloha God (or Budda if appropriate) be with you.

Eric GG-1

Amazing thing about Mother Nature - we live about 100 miles from where some of the bad flooding was on I-75 and we hardly have had any rain at all. It is all or nothing.

The weather done been crazy around here. This afternoon, most of the elevated lines had some sort of service disruption, due to trees on the ROW, signal failures, or other issues. There were tornado warnings in Cook and DuPage county. I read that the O'Hare ATC tower was evacuated.

There were two different downpours, one around 16:00, the other around 18:30 just as I was leaving work. It took me about an hour to get home, which I guess isn't that bad, all things considered. The trip normally takes around 40 minutes at that time of the night.

Back