New Bachmann Amfleet Coaches

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P40Power

OBS Chief
I see the new Sliver Series Bachmann Amfleets listed on Walther's site with expected delivery this summer. The Acela Regional versions intrest me, I would like to see how bachmann does these cars. They seem very pricey, so they better be MUCH better then the original Bachmann Amfleets.

Though I shouldnt bash the Bachmann Amfleets too much, I have one and I must say its a solid runner, hardly ever derails, looks decent with my other cars (not nearly as good as the Walthers cars though, Walthers is #1 in my book for Amtrak cars) and the lighting stays very consistant. Im thinking of painting the seats inside the car red though, I wonder how that would look.

But anyways, does anyone know of like anywhere there are pictures of prototypes of Bachmann's new Amfleets, or any other information at all on them?!

Thanks alot!

P40Power said:
Though I shouldnt bash the Bachmann Amfleets too much, I have one and I must say its a solid runner, hardly ever derails
Well that's unless I'm running it. I derailed 12 seperate times while I was running my buddies derailments. We both say damaged cars have character. :lol:

You think thats bad, I've derailed locomotives and Heritage Cars, that fell of my table on my basement's concrete floor. Thats part of the reason I'm getting a new table (the old one was meant for O27 Scale).

Damaged cars do have character, hey Battalion? haha well then you should see my freight car fleet, they are mostly from my early years when I was young and I didnt take car of them too well, lets just say the NMRA wouldnt let these cars on the rails! :p

Even some of my old Amtrak cars are pretty beat, but the newer cars are taken care of extremely well!! My oldest Amfleet cars have seen quite a bit of use over the years and have had their scrapes and they are looking pretty hammered, especially the Phase II cars which are grimey looking!

A couple of my "character cars"

My first HO Scale car, a Viewliner Sleeper in Phase IV (the car that converted me from O27 to HO) is now scrap/spare parts. After paint scratches, broken diaphragms a and broken screws, its just spare parts. I have 2 undecorated ones now, one of which is going to (hopefully) become Diner 8400 in PHase III and the other Sleeper 2300 phase III.

My other one is my newest Amfleet II coach, phase IV, has a scratch under the "25" in my 25000 car. (this is scratching because I tried to put on a new 25000 that wasn't crooked.

Other than that, no real other cars.

I used an amfleet I coach as a main attraction in my junk yard. I took it part first, then dispersed the pieces all around, next, i used a sander to give the pain a very very dull look. I then took out all of the windows, and gave the car a slight dent.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
I used an amfleet I coach as a main attraction in my junk yard. I took it part first, then dispersed the pieces all around, next, i used a sander to give the pain a very very dull look. I then took out all of the windows, and gave the car a slight dent.
Any Chance you have photos of your work?

Viewliner said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
Of course :) . I will post them once I find that old camera.....

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Viewliner said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
Of course :) . I will post them once I find that old camera.....
Great, I'll do the same once I do my Viewliner project next month.

Some of my first cars took a beating because I was still getting use to the hobby. My first Amfleet Coach that I got in 98' has the under body attached to the shell with drywall screws. Buying new cars just because of a broken screw or a scratch here and there was getting a little to pricey. ;)

Heres that picture I promised.....its not the best one I've ever taken, oh well. :rolleyes:

1071950707021_P1010003.JPG

Well I only turned it into junk after it was already useless. The Coupler mounts snapped off and the body cracked in a crash I had many years ago.

I merely recycled it

:lol: :)

Back