Phase IV or IVb Amfleets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P40Power

OBS Chief
I want to make my trains on the corridot on MTS look more realistic, and right now all I have on there are the 2 kinds of "stock" Amfleet cars on there, the Acela Regional painted cars and the phase III "Metroliner" cars. One thing that would make it look much better would be cars of the Phase IV or IVb varity, because thats what most of the cars are now adays on the corridor.

Ive looked at several sites for MTS downloads and have come up with nothing. I did see on train-sim.com that for the download of the Vermonter baggage car that it was coupled up to a Phase IV Amfleet car, or at least it appeared to be, but I couldnt find a download for one.

Can anyone help me out?!

It would also be real nice if someone out there made a nice food service version of an Amfleet car, the current "Food Service" Amfleet on the game is simple a regular coach painted up with the Regonal Cafe paintjob, no seperation in the middle of the car like the prototypes, so that takes away from the realism factor big time.

The MTS crew did do a nice job though on the Acela paintjobs, they represent realistically how the different types of cars are painted differently.

Thanks for your help.

NALW just came out with a complete NEC Mega pack, which includes all variations of the AEM-7 locomotive, plus Amfleet cars in Phase III, IV, Acela, and IVb. If you do a search in the train-sim library under "NEC Mega Pack" or "AEM-7" you should come up with something.

Thanks Amfleet! Ill check it out, that combined with the AEM-7 will make the northeast corridor look very realistic!

P40Power said:
Thanks Amfleet! Ill check it out, that combined with the AEM-7 will make the northeast corridor look very realistic!
No problem. I have however was somewhat disapointed with the performance of the AEM-7 locomotives. One unit took quite a while to get an 8 car consist to 125mph. A lot longer than a prototypical AEM-7 would take. Also it takes a continuous application of brakes to actually slow down the train let alone stop it. I e-mailed NALW about this, but they said they would release a patch to fix it. The patch they already have didn't do much except fix a mssing file error message. P-40Power, let me know if you have this problem too. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong in the downloading process.

Ill see if I can download it this weekend, Ill have to leave the computer on during the night or something to let it download because its a big file and I live out in the boonies where there is no cable so I have very slow dial up (well fast by 1996 standards!). Ill see how it goes and Ill report back!

If it makes you feel better a buddy of mine was living in Pittsfield for a few months and finally moved down to North Haven this week for Cable internet (and to get away from his friends obsessive compulsive wife :lol: ). He thinks it will work out better for him so now if it's snowing to hard he can just take the train up to Springfield for work instead of having to drive.

Back